Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you tip extra during the holidays?

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 2:34 PM
  • 82 Replies

Do you tip your server, hair stylist, manicurist, babysitter, etc, extra money during the holiday season?

by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 2:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommaVoo
by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 3:40 PM

not really, if I have extra and the service is good I give it year round. I personally only tip servers and hair dressers(rarely). 

CafeMom Tickers
ilovemykids323
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2013 at 3:42 PM

thankfully I dont use any of those things regulary but no i proably wouldn't tip them more just because of the holidays.

katiebug840204
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2013 at 3:43 PM
No. Tip the same.
Liastele
by Member on Dec. 5, 2013 at 3:50 PM
4 moms liked this

Server, no. I don't go to the same restaurant every day so its not like I know them.

Now, someone that is in charge of something vital like keeping my kids alive? Hell yes. Same for hairstylist, etc. I care if my babysitter is happy or not and I want her to look favorably upon my children. I want my hairstylist to like me. I don't care if the person I saw once for a few min likes me.

mgm_5
by Mari on Dec. 5, 2013 at 3:55 PM
Not really, cause I'm also spending extra for the holidays so i don't really have extra to give, so if my dh's company wants to pay him more for the holidays then maybe i would lol
mommie2madison
by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 6:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Babysitter yes, the others - no.

I do tend to initiate more "Random Acts of Kindness" around the Christmas season than I do at other times of the year though.

christycat
by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 6:23 PM
3 moms liked this
Wow...u don't tip when u go out to eat...do u realize they make sometimes $3.00 an hour and depend on tips to survive!

Quoting Liastele:

Server, no. I don't go to the same restaurant every day so its not like I know them.

Now, someone that is in charge of something vital like keeping my kids alive? Hell yes. Same for hairstylist, etc. I care if my babysitter is happy or not and I want her to look favorably upon my children. I want my hairstylist to like me. I don't care if the person I saw once for a few min likes me.

redhotdot
by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 6:36 PM
1 mom liked this
No I don't tip more. I try to be generous all through the year. The holidays are not about money or "things". I like to give something I've baked for those special few. I know it's not for everyone, but it a what I do.
heather_c
by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 6:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Only if I see them.  If I see my stylist during the holidays, I give her a little extra, or a lot of times, I bring her a card and a gift card as a present.  Babysitters only if they are actually sitting on a holiday or close to it or if it's a teenager I know well, then I will. 

Basherte
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2013 at 6:42 PM

I don't go out to eat, don't get my hair done, or my nails, don't have a babysitter..

So, I don't, no.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN