Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What are your kids' names and who picked them out?

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 2:36 PM
  • 144 Replies
1 mom liked this

I love to hear everyone's baby names and some of their special meanings or the story behind how they were named. For example, my brother Michael was so named because he flipped around in the womb and sent my mom into early labor, saving his twin's life since the cord was wrapped around Matthew's neck. When the doc told my daddy that, he started singing, "Brother lend a helping hand..." and so Michael was named.

My girls are Daisy and Lily because they're family names. I picked Daisy after my aunt and my husband picked Lily because of his grandmother and my other aunt.

So, what are your kids' names? Who picked them out and why?

by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 2:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
spitfire06
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2013 at 2:40 PM
Estrella I picked Spanish estrella which sounds like estreya her dad was all nah lets make it Portuguese so its Estrella and means star and sounds like its spelled:)
Second dd is Lilly Rose dad picked out the name I loved it :)
EWJensen
by Member on Dec. 5, 2013 at 2:43 PM
My daughters name is Beretta. My husband picked it out. And we will call her Etta after my grandmother.
momma7663
by Member on Dec. 5, 2013 at 2:45 PM
Alaana rain Marie we picked our daughter name together
zoenlandonsmom
by Member on Dec. 5, 2013 at 2:48 PM

Zoe Jane after a song my hubby picked it out Jane is also my aunts middle name

Landon Zadell-Lee we both picked Landon Zadell is my hubbys middle name its been passed on 9 generations i wasnt going to mess that up and Lee is my dads middle name

Taylor Ann   Ann is my middle name and my moms

Hunter Pierson Pierson is hubbys moms maiden name

buttercup24
by Member on Dec. 5, 2013 at 2:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Frank Jr obviously cause he's a Jr but call him Frankie or Kiki his little brother gave him that one LOL my youngest name is Josiah I picked because I liked it plus it fit him. It means God will save... We had him 3 months early and didn't know if he would survive
MommaVoo
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2013 at 3:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Mira - I thought I made this name up out of mirror but turns out its actually a name lol

Justin - I came up with this one too, ONLY had girl names and the favorite was Morgan, well he wasnt a girl so Justin. Justin Morgan was the man who developed the Morgan horse breed.

Kara Zorel - I actually named off Kara to the hubby while searching through names, I like it but got no response so didnt write it down. Then he remembers Kara is Supergirl's name(Zo'rel being her Krypton or w/e name) So.. Kara Zorel :)

CafeMom Tickers
NDADanceMom
by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 3:37 PM

My daughters are named after royalty.  I find queens or princeses with the same names.  Elizabeth, Catherine and Sophia.  

My son is named after the advisor to king solomon.  Nathan

sleepy_in_va
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2013 at 3:38 PM
Emmalee Jeanne(pronounced jean)- lee and jeanne are family names. Hubby and I both picked that one.

Elijah Robert - Robert is my deceased dads first name. I came up with this nams after being set on Noah as jis first name.

Elayna Nicole - my middle name and I picked out both her names.

Evan Charles - has hubbys middle name. We both picked this.

All kids have E first names then family names as their middle names.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katiebug840204
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2013 at 3:41 PM
Nicholas dalton, Khloe Brooke and Trevor Riley. Brooke came from her daddy...his middle name is Brooks.

The boys aren't named after anyone. We just liked the names.
MommaVoo
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2013 at 3:42 PM

thats very nice, we actually had the biggest issue naming my son because we could only come up with A names and we didnt want my daughter to be the odd man out because my ex and I have A names.

Quoting sleepy_in_va: Emmalee Jeanne(pronounced jean)- lee and jeanne are family names. Hubby and I both picked that one.

Elijah Robert - Robert is my deceased dads first name. I came up with this nams after being set on Noah as jis first name.

Elayna Nicole - my middle name and I picked out both her names.

Evan Charles - has hubbys middle name. We both picked this.

All kids have E first names then family names as their middle names.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)