Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

All the advice in the world can't possibly be too much

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 9:49 PM
  • 27 Replies
I'm at a loss for words but somehow I'm going to put this together because I really need legal advice. To start I have 3 beautiful children and I would never want to hurt them but sometimes you have to do what is best for your children in the long run even if it involves making a decision that will hurt them for the moment. Over the past year since I have given birth to my dd my husband has been mentally physically and verbally abusive in front of our children. He is the only one working in the household and I have tried to put up with it because the children love him but last week I asked him to leave our home because I couldn't take it anymore. He left with both vehicles (mines and his which are both in his name) and left me with all the bills from the months of October and November ( he had already stopped his pay checks from being directly deposited into my accounts in the middle of October therefore Octobers bills did not get paid). Ive been in school since August of this year and the today I was hired to work at a local convienient store. I don't have money for bills no transportation or a lawyer but I have faith that God will see me and my kids through this situation. Please feel free to leave advice comments prayers scriptures or even bash me if you feel the need to but I need some type of feedback for my situation. Thanks in advice and God bless!
by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 9:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ktina11
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2013 at 9:53 PM
Praying for you mama!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lanaenaes
by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 9:55 PM
I don't have any advice.. Just know that I am praying for you. Stay strong. It will get better
Belovedmoonpixi
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2013 at 10:03 PM

You are doing the right thing. I´ll pray for you and your family.

3babies3bds1gm
by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 10:49 PM
Thank you!

Quoting Ktina11: Praying for you mama!
3babies3bds1gm
by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 10:50 PM
Thanks so much!

Quoting Belovedmoonpixi:

You are doing the right thing. I´ll pray for you and your family.

3babies3bds1gm
by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 10:52 PM
Your motivating words are plenty enough advice for me. Thanks!!

Quoting lanaenaes: I don't have any advice.. Just know that I am praying for you. Stay strong. It will get better
crwspringer
by Platinum Member on Dec. 5, 2013 at 10:52 PM
1 mom liked this
I know you don't have money, but you really need to talk to a lawyer ASAP.
me_plus3
by Member on Dec. 5, 2013 at 10:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Look up probono lawyers in your area. A lot of times they will represent you since you have been in an abusive relationship. It's great that you have a job now. You might be able to talk to the billers and buy you some time to get them paid. I will keep you and your little ones in my prayers! Good luck to you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3babies3bds1gm
by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 11:18 PM
I agree.This whole thing really has me in shambles but I have to face the harsh reality and do what I have to do for me and my children.

Quoting crwspringer: I know you don't have money, but you really need to talk to a lawyer ASAP.
startingover78
by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 11:20 PM
local battered women's shelter. You did the right thing for yourself and children. Will keep you'll in my prayers.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)