Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Fans gone crazy!

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 5:42 AM
  • 6 Replies
1 mom liked this

Wow, as if Seattle fans have ever acted like this!  Is it just me or is this totally wrong!  I wouldn't support this company no matter how good their product is after something like that, no matter what team I rooted for.  This is a disgusting, slanderous misrepresentation and I think the company and even the player (who had to have supported this depiction in some way, shape, or form) owes Seahawk fans an apology.  Please tell me I'm not alone!

http://hiphopwired.com/2013/12/08/colin-kaepernick-beats-by-dre-commercial-video/

by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 5:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
dychemommy
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 2:19 PM

BUMP!

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 3:11 PM

my speakers dont work.  What is wrong with the ad?  

dychemommy
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 3:19 PM

Quoting frndlyfn:

You couldn't see?!  It is depicting what are supposed to be Seattle Seahawks fans (shown by the colors they are wearing and the excessive fake rain) as this guy's team bus drives through Seattle and pulls up to the stadium.  They are basically brawling, swearing, shouting obscene things, breaking stuff, etc.  It is basically suggesting that the Hawk fans are a bunch of obscene, unsportsmanlike animals who would riot to show one player (since his name s the only one shouted) that they absolutely loath him.  The premise is that he can tune out everything he doesn't want to hear.  Normally, things inconsistent with reality would get a head shake and eye roll from me, but I have never seen such an attack on character in the name of promoting a product.  It is disgusting.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 5:31 PM

Quoting dychemommy:

Quoting frndlyfn:

You couldn't see?!  It is depicting what are supposed to be Seattle Seahawks fans (shown by the colors they are wearing and the excessive fake rain) as this guy's team bus drives through Seattle and pulls up to the stadium.  They are basically brawling, swearing, shouting obscene things, breaking stuff, etc.  It is basically suggesting that the Hawk fans are a bunch of obscene, unsportsmanlike animals who would riot to show one player (since his name s the only one shouted) that they absolutely loath him.  The premise is that he can tune out everything he doesn't want to hear.  Normally, things inconsistent with reality would get a head shake and eye roll from me, but I have never seen such an attack on character in the name of promoting a product.  It is disgusting.

oh ok.   I just knew that brand of headphones was ridiculously expensive.

bordenmomof3
by Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 5:34 PM
Yes I am upset about it. That is not how us 12th man are!
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Dec. 9, 2013 at 5:51 PM

Hahaha sadly I get what you're saying but I am not readng too much into it. No matter what colors they are displaying. I've been to Quest field I have tons of Seahawks fans for friends. I grew up in the area,never was a football fan being married to my DH I started to get into football& now I'm a Saints fan with DH as well as kids. Well our Hawks friends can get vocal. lol We have fun though!

But I've had too many run ins with Hawks fans always wanting to fight&cuss! We had took our youngest to his first live game in 08' my son was cheering for the Saints,this guy kept telling us control your son! What?? Crazy! These drunk girls got in my face and asked how did I did tickets to be in the stadium? I was like huh?? I just wanna watch the game! This guy on the train on the way back tried to start an arguement with my husband and the Hawks won the game. DH asked him please do not argue with him or cuss at him our son was sitting right there. But just craziness! And we aren't the only ones that had bad experience with this.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)