Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Wreck on the way home :-(

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 4:54 PM
  • 6 Replies
Not me, but it was still scary to look at.

I'm glad I took the long way home after picking Karina (my 8 year old) up from school. Apparently, someone wasn't paying enough attention, and tried to beat traffic into the turn lane directly in front of our entrance to the complex. Well, obviously, they didn't make it. By the looks of it, the SUV only made it halfway into the lane before a small car hit the entire back end.

I came home "around the block" (pretty much around one entire neighborhood, lol), as it's the only way i don't need to cross traffic to get home. Good thing, too, since a fire truck and ambulance were blocking the turning lane and had the left side of my lane blocked with the car.

Paramedics were treating a few people just inside the apartments parking lot. It didn't seem as if anyone was seriously hurt, but the car was totaled. And people wonder why I'm such a paranoid and cautious driver. :-/
by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 4:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Bmat
by Ruby Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 5:07 PM

You are wise to be extra cautious!  I hope no one was seriously hurt. It was dangerously ice when we came home yesterday. We saw a pickup off the road, but there were several people trying to get it out, it didn't look as though anyone were hurt.

Red_Tempest
by Ginny on Dec. 9, 2013 at 5:11 PM
It's been drizzling/misting all day today, so the weather sucks. It really didn't look like anyone was hurt, but the front of the car was completely mangled. :-/

Quoting Bmat:

You are wise to be extra cautious!  I hope no one was seriously hurt. It was dangerously ice when we came home yesterday. We saw a pickup off the road, but there were several people trying to get it out, it didn't look as though anyone were hurt.

othermom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 5:11 PM

I hope that everyone is okay

Red_Tempest
by Ginny on Dec. 9, 2013 at 5:15 PM
It seems like they were. The ambulance didn't take anyone.

Quoting othermom:

I hope that everyone is okay

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 7:22 PM

It is always scary. :(

Quoting Red_Tempest: It's been drizzling/misting all day today, so the weather sucks. It really didn't look like anyone was hurt, but the front of the car was completely mangled. :-/

Quoting Bmat:

Red_Tempest
by Ginny on Dec. 9, 2013 at 7:29 PM
Absolutely.

Quoting Bmat:

It is always scary. :(

Quoting Red_Tempest: It's been drizzling/misting all day today, so the weather sucks. It really didn't look like anyone was hurt, but the front of the car was completely mangled. :-/

Quoting Bmat:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)