Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Maybe its just me

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 8:59 PM
  • 8 Replies
But why would someone want me to post a picture that has a child that is not mine in the picture? My daughter and myself got to meet some family for the first time yesterday. I got a picture of my daughter and another little girl enjoying sugar cookies together on the front porch. My great grandmother wanted me to post the picture on fb for everyone to see. Which I will not be doing because i just met these people yesterday and do not have permission to post a picture of their child on a social media site. I told her that if the family wants to see the picture they need to contact the girls mother because i sent it to only her in a private message.
by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 8:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
armyvet06
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 9:21 PM
Bump
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 10:35 PM

yup you did the right thing if you did not have the express approval to post the picture publicly .  Is the other girl blood family?

armyvet06
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 10:39 PM
She is but we just met the family yesterday. I wouldn't want a stranger posting pictures of my daughter online so i wouldn't do that with someone else's kid.

Quoting frndlyfn:

yup you did the right thing if you did not have the express approval to post the picture publicly .  Is the other girl blood family?

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 10:46 PM

Yeah i hear ya.  The grandmother needs to contact that mom see if they will post it.

Quoting armyvet06: She is but we just met the family yesterday. I wouldn't want a stranger posting pictures of my daughter online so i wouldn't do that with someone else's kid.

Quoting frndlyfn:

shoot4thestars
by Gold Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 9:48 AM

I do the same thing.  If I get a picture with kids in it that I'm not too familiar with, I won't post them on the internet.  There's so many reasons that someone may not want their kids faces on the interenet and I won't post them unless I have permission from the parents.

waytomanykids10
by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 11:11 AM

You did the right thing. I would be pissed if someone posted pictures of my children online without asking me first. Even our extended family members don't post pictures of my kids without asking me or my husband first.

armyvet06
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 11:58 AM
I don't want someone i don't know posting pictures of my daughter so why would i do that to someone else?

Quoting shoot4thestars:

I do the same thing.  If I get a picture with kids in it that I'm not too familiar with, I won't post them on the internet.  There's so many reasons that someone may not want their kids faces on the interenet and I won't post them unless I have permission from the parents.

armyvet06
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 11:58 AM
Great grandmother was mad because i refuse to post it

Quoting waytomanykids10:

You did the right thing. I would be pissed if someone posted pictures of my children online without asking me first. Even our extended family members don't post pictures of my kids without asking me or my husband first.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN