Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

First Tim Mom - Need help regarding traveling with baby

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2013 at 1:16 PM
  • 7 Replies

Hi everyone. We are going on a cruise in March with our 6 month old and a bunch of family. There is a shuttle from the airport, to the hotel, from hotel to cruise ship, and from cruise ship back to airport. How do these shuttles work with carseats? Most shuttles I have been on don't even have a seatbelt let alone place for a carseat. Do you just hold the baby while ont he shuttles? Or should I call the hotel and cruise line to find out? I thought it would be easier to ask here first to see if anyone had experience. We are crusing with Royal Caribbean. Thanks!

by on Dec. 11, 2013 at 1:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 3:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi, welcome!

A cruise sounds so wonderful, but hectic with a baby.  

Since I've never been on a cruise, I would definitely contact the cruise line or your travel agent to ask these specific questions.

Mommy2Jane
by New Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 3:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you. I wouldn't be going if my entier family wasn't going to be there to help us. Both of our parents, aunts, uncles, sisters, they're all going too! :)

Quoting amonkeymom:

Hi, welcome!

A cruise sounds so wonderful, but hectic with a baby.  

Since I've never been on a cruise, I would definitely contact the cruise line or your travel agent to ask these specific questions.

BoopBettyBoop
by on Dec. 11, 2013 at 3:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Royal Caribben does have activities for babies, which is nice.  As far as the shuttles, did you book the shuttles through the cruise as part of a hotel/cruise package or seperately just through the hotel?  You might have to contact the hotel directly if it is a hotel shuttle.  The only way the cruise line would probably know is if it the shuttle for Royal Caribbean and they usually only go directly from airport to pier and those are usually busses because they are picking up alot of people that are flying in for the cruise.  If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me, I am also a travel agent.

Have a great time on your cruise, I am sure that you will love it.  And take advantage of the babysitting that Royal Caribbean offers and go to one of the speciality restaurants, you won't regret it. they are fantastic!

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 13, 2013 at 11:03 AM
1 mom liked this

I would call the company shuttling your child. Have fun!

Enjoy a Coffee Break Chat
with us Every Tuesday!

bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Dec. 15, 2013 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this

I think the cruise line and/or the hotel should be able to give you information about the shuttle and then you can call them and find out about the carseat.

Mommy2Jane
by New Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 3:43 PM
Thank you for the advice! The shuttle from the airport and to the cruise are through the hotel, and the shuttle from cruise to airpirt is going to be through the cruiseline, so I guess I will have to call both.
Quoting BoopBettyBoop:

Royal Caribben does have activities for babies, which is nice.  As far as the shuttles, did you book the shuttles through the cruise as part of a hotel/cruise package or seperately just through the hotel?  You might have to contact the hotel directly if it is a hotel shuttle.  The only way the cruise line would probably know is if it the shuttle for Royal Caribbean and they usually only go directly from airport to pier and those are usually busses because they are picking up alot of people that are flying in for the cruise.  If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me, I am also a travel agent.

Have a great time on your cruise, I am sure that you will love it.  And take advantage of the babysitting that Royal Caribbean offers and go to one of the speciality restaurants, you won't regret it. they are fantastic!

MommiE8983
by McLovin on Dec. 26, 2013 at 5:12 PM
1 mom liked this
I know this wasn't the question but be careful if you plan on leaving your little one in the "daycare" on the cruise. I've heard not so good things about them...and by not so good I mean horror stories.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)