Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you do all of the Christmas shopping?

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2013 at 10:10 AM
  • 84 Replies

Poll

Question: Christmas shopping

Options:

I do it all myself

I do it myself except for my gift

I do some of it

I don't do much of it

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 69

View Results

Do you do all of the Christmas shopping? Do you do it even for yourself? Do you do all of the wrapping? Do you make the gift list?

by on Dec. 13, 2013 at 10:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Akessler
by on Dec. 13, 2013 at 10:17 AM

I do a lot of the shopping but DH is always a big help. We do most of the legwork together.

daydreamer3
by on Dec. 13, 2013 at 10:19 AM
My husband and I buy online mostly and he's usually the one that finds the good deals.
I'm better at finding them in the stores. So if we're shopping anyway and I see something, I'll get it.
I do all the wrapping though.
Bmat
by Ruby Member on Dec. 13, 2013 at 11:45 AM

This is good that he helps. :)

Quoting Akessler:

I do a lot of the shopping but DH is always a big help. We do most of the legwork together.

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Dec. 13, 2013 at 11:46 AM
1 mom liked this

It sounds as though you have good teamwork. It is so helpful when somebody is able to find the good deals online and in stores.  This year my husband helped wrap presents, and the wrapping took half as long. :)

Quoting daydreamer3: My husband and I buy online mostly and he's usually the one that finds the good deals.
I'm better at finding them in the stores. So if we're shopping anyway and I see something, I'll get it.
I do all the wrapping though.

Bertha21
by Bronze Member on Dec. 13, 2013 at 11:48 AM
Yes, I choose all the gifts. I let my husband buy two gifts for his dad.... he ordered the wrong things!!!! He doesn't read, just picks and buys. I have to correct it now. I will justdo it all mmyself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by Ruby Member on Dec. 13, 2013 at 11:56 AM

Sometimes this is what happens with my husband, too.  And he usually has a logical (to him) reason.

Quoting Bertha21: Yes, I choose all the gifts. I let my husband buy two gifts for his dad.... he ordered the wrong things!!!! He doesn't read, just picks and buys. I have to correct it now. I will justdo it all mmyself.

yayay15
by Ruby Member on Dec. 13, 2013 at 11:57 AM
I do all the shopping. My husband usually helps wrap and also puts together the Santa gifts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bertha21
by Bronze Member on Dec. 13, 2013 at 12:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Mine does too. It is annoying! Lol I just hear excuses.

Quoting Bmat:

Sometimes this is what happens with my husband, too.  And he usually has a logical (to him) reason.

Quoting Bertha21: Yes, I choose all the gifts. I let my husband buy two gifts for his dad.... he ordered the wrong things!!!! He doesn't read, just picks and buys. I have to correct it now. I will justdo it all mmyself.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
waytomanykids10
by on Dec. 13, 2013 at 12:31 PM

My DH and I share the Christmas shopping. The presents are from both of us after all.

letstalk747
by Joy on Dec. 13, 2013 at 12:52 PM
1 mom liked this

all except my gift

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)