Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What is the best way to punish for...

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2013 at 6:07 PM
  • 20 Replies

I fell asleep watching a show with my 2 year old (girl) and 4 year old (boy). I was out for perhaps 30 minutes. When I woke up I found they had gotten up on the bathroom counter with a bucket and had been dumping water onto the floor untill it was flooded. They said "We just wanted to make a pool!" They have never done anything like this before and I am at a loss for what to do. I do spank but I'm drifting from that since it seems innefective. I know I am partly to blame for not keeping an eye on them so just looking for some advice.

by on Dec. 13, 2013 at 6:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2013 at 6:08 PM
2 moms liked this

you make them help clean up.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Dec. 13, 2013 at 6:22 PM
2 moms liked this

Clean up with you is sufficient for this age as well as talking about not playing with sink water without supervision.

daydreamer3
by on Dec. 13, 2013 at 6:25 PM

I'd just have them clean up. 

callmemaybe
by Member on Dec. 13, 2013 at 8:30 PM

I wouldn't punish them at all.  Just explain that they can't pour water on the floor . . . and next time you know that they need more supervision!

When my twins were 3, I left them in the tub upstairs while I was vacuuming . . . and they started emptying the tub.  The floor had water about an inch deep . . . the carpet in the adjoining bedroom was soaked. 

Live and learn!  :)

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:10 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 1:07 AM

Looks like you have been given some great ideas,
Let us know which ones you think will work best :)

Quoting Kassy983:

I fell asleep watching a show with my 2 year old (girl) and 4 year old (boy). I was out for perhaps 30 minutes. When I woke up I found they had gotten up on the bathroom counter with a bucket and had been dumping water onto the floor untill it was flooded. They said "We just wanted to make a pool!" They have never done anything like this before and I am at a loss for what to do. I do spank but I'm drifting from that since it seems innefective. I know I am partly to blame for not keeping an eye on them so just looking for some advice.

lizzy-k
by Bronze Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 9:25 AM
1 mom liked this

make them clean it up and for stronger punishment make them clean another room. this is a hard question.. cause there are some that are totally against spanking,, but me.. do it. i have 6 kids and 8 grandkids. all my kids turned out good. and my ggk knows that they will be spanked. good luck

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 5:22 PM
yes this. and be reasonable about clean up because very quickly they will lose focus and start to play. so tell them." thank you" for helping to clean up the mess while they are still "helping" and then give them something else to do

Quoting frndlyfn:

Clean up with you is sufficient for this age as well as talking about not playing with sink water without supervision.

Rin300
by on Dec. 14, 2013 at 6:42 PM

I spank mine but for that no I wouldn't. Just explain they can't do things like that even if you are dozing

mommy2girls0506
by on Dec. 14, 2013 at 6:53 PM

oh wow well one they get points for being creative that's for sure but oh my i would have no idea what to do either....

mommytoeandb
by Gold Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 7:39 PM

They help you clean up and don't get to do anything fun until it is done.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)