Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

labor? help :)

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2013 at 1:49 AM
  • 9 Replies
37 weeks with baby 3. Was induced with other 2 so need a little advice.
Ive been having contractions for a little over an hour now. Jusy started timing them and they seem to be 5-7 mins apart lasting 45-55 seconds long. Wondering if I should think about heading in or just holding out. And these are Def strong and not braxton ones
by on Dec. 14, 2013 at 1:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
buckeyefever
by Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 1:50 AM

I would go but it is entirely up to you.

danigirlglow
by on Dec. 14, 2013 at 1:58 AM
1 mom liked this
I would wait until they are closer together, maybe three minutes apart.
alexsmomaubrys2
by Platinum Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 1:59 AM
1 mom liked this

It depends. Do you want to have the baby tonight or try to wait until you are closer to 40 weeks?

If you want to stop the contractions you need to go in now. If you want to have a baby (keep in mind this is considered pre-term), then wait until the contractions are 3 minutes apart and then go in.

kelliamber006
by on Dec. 14, 2013 at 2:05 AM
My doc has already told me after 35 or 36 weeks they wouldnt stop it anyways. Ill count at home here and try to relax
stephaniexo
by on Dec. 14, 2013 at 2:07 AM

They wouldn't stop it if she went in now 

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

It depends. Do you want to have the baby tonight or try to wait until you are closer to 40 weeks?

If you want to stop the contractions you need to go in now. If you want to have a baby (keep in mind this is considered pre-term), then wait until the contractions are 3 minutes apart and then go in.

lesalmi
by Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 2:08 AM
They will if you ask them too.

Quoting stephaniexo:

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

stephw95
by on Dec. 14, 2013 at 2:14 AM
1 mom liked this

my doctor told me about 37 weeks on is full term obviously it would be nice to keep baby in till 40weeks but 37  the baby will be fine

Quoting stephaniexo:

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

alexsmomaubrys2
by Platinum Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 11:35 AM

New standards say that full term is 39 weeks, starting at 37 weeks is considered early term. Because due dates are only estimations, best to keep the baby in as close to the due date as possible.

Quoting stephw95:

my doctor told me about 37 weeks on is full term obviously it would be nice to keep baby in till 40weeks but 37  the baby will be fine

Quoting stephaniexo:

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

”Nonsense wakes up the brain cells. And it helps develop a sense of humor, which is awfully important in this day and age.” - Dr. Seuss. 

emtgirl885
by Silver Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 3:02 AM
How are you doing?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)