Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How many month was your baby when he-she stared sitting up?

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2013 at 11:27 PM
  • 9 Replies
My daughter is 4 month and still doesn't sit up on her own :/.. I also have another question when do I start introducing new things besides formula to my baby??
by on Dec. 14, 2013 at 11:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Night_Roane
by Gold Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 11:34 PM
DD#1 was 7 months. DD#2 was 4 months. DD#1 didn't even crawl until 8 1/2 months but was walking by 11 months. It's seriously nothing to worry about.

When DD#1 was a baby, the recommendation was rice cereal at 5 months and baby food at 6, but now it's both at 6. I gave DD#1 both at 5 months and DD#2 (who is quite a large baby - 5 months wearing 6-9m clothes) rice cereal at 4 months and I make my own baby food now at 5 months.

The recommendation is only 1 new food every week, to test for allergies, but I do it more like every 3-4 days, because I figure if she was allergic we would have known by then. I also only give her one bowl of babyfood in a day, and I like to give her formula only every 2-3 days. And her baby food is mixed in rice cereal with formula. But that's just me.
Night_Roane
by Gold Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 11:37 PM
I just realized how that can be misconstrued. Every 2-3 days I have "formula only" days lol to give her tummy a rest. I don't only give her formula every second or third day lol.

Quoting Night_Roane: DD#1 was 7 months. DD#2 was 4 months. DD#1 didn't even crawl until 8 1/2 months but was walking by 11 months. It's seriously nothing to worry about.

When DD#1 was a baby, the recommendation was rice cereal at 5 months and baby food at 6, but now it's both at 6. I gave DD#1 both at 5 months and DD#2 (who is quite a large baby - 5 months wearing 6-9m clothes) rice cereal at 4 months and I make my own baby food now at 5 months.

The recommendation is only 1 new food every week, to test for allergies, but I do it more like every 3-4 days, because I figure if she was allergic we would have known by then. I also only give her one bowl of babyfood in a day, and I like to give her formula only every 2-3 days. And her baby food is mixed in rice cereal with formula. But that's just me.
KendallsMommee
by Bronze Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 11:39 PM
Dd was 7 months when she sat up unassisted.

She was 5 months when I introduced her to solids.
DragonInfinity
by Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 11:44 PM

DD was 4months when she sat up on her own. I started with babyfood mixed with oatmeal/wheat/barley cereal then.

DS was 6.5months when he sat up. I started with babyfood at 7months.

jconney80
by Platinum Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 11:45 PM

Everyone now recommends waiting until at least 6 months old to start any solids when their bodies are able to handle it. My oldest starting sitting up closer to 9 months as did my second child. My youngest was starting to sit up by 4.5-5 months. Every kid is different. Average age is 6-8 months with 8 being on the later end. 

withsecond
by on Dec. 15, 2013 at 11:17 AM
Mine were around 6 months I believe for sitting up.
For the different foods, they were also 6 months. They say not to start new foods until they can sit unassisted.
arie918
by New Member on Dec. 15, 2013 at 12:51 PM

My daughter was about 6 months I believe when she was able to sit up unassisted. She started standing for short periods of time at around 7.5 months. 

We started letting her taste fruits, cereals, and light things around 3.5-4 months. We never gave her "full meals" of solid foods however until about 5 months. 

MisfitInTN
by Platinum Member on Dec. 15, 2013 at 2:16 PM
Ds 1 was 5 months ds 2 was 7 months
MaNdYbEaR2010
by on Dec. 15, 2013 at 2:18 PM
Don't give solids until baby can sit up. For the love of all thats good, don't give solids unless baby is fully sitting up.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)