Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Emergency question abortion

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2013 at 2:18 AM
  • 40 Replies
Due to complications of an unviable pregnancy I had to abort at 12 weeks. It was surgical and on Thursday am. Since then I have not bled, and I have had a fever from 100-103 consistently. It does break here or there an d comes right back. I am on 2 antibiotics and called clinic yesterday am and they called in one more antibiotic. Am I septic???? Should I worry??? They don't open until Monday again but I haven't eaten since them and have been fevering badly. Anyone with advice, experience???? Bash if you want I'm too sick to care. The papers say avoid going to Er and just take antibiotics but I have been on them for over 24 hours
by on Dec. 15, 2013 at 2:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angelmommy2
by on Dec. 15, 2013 at 2:21 AM
4 moms liked this
The papers say avoid the er, if I were you that is right where id be going.
danigirlglow
by on Dec. 15, 2013 at 2:25 AM
Antibiotics take a little while to kick in. Are you taking Tylenol for fever control? You can go to the ER if you need to. I'm not sure why it says not to,I was always told to go right in for any worries post abortion.
jeniemarie
by on Dec. 15, 2013 at 2:26 AM
2 moms liked this
i would go to the er personally. this isnt somthing to wait on. better safe then sorry at this point.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brandie110782
by on Dec. 15, 2013 at 2:26 AM
I mean it's a very legit place very good place safe... Etc. just stress calling them prior to going to hospital. Which I did- they ordered additional antibiotics and I've been on them for over 24 hours and still have this fever chills etc
brandie110782
by on Dec. 15, 2013 at 2:28 AM
They don't really say don't go to er.... Just to contact them first and yes antibiotics do take awhile to kick in but how long?
kay283
by Member on Dec. 15, 2013 at 2:29 AM
Hope you feel better. What do you mean by Complications of an unviable pregnancy?
brandie110782
by on Dec. 15, 2013 at 2:30 AM
Yea Tylenol plus 3 antibiotics plus vocodin

Quoting danigirlglow: Antibiotics take a little while to kick in. Are you taking Tylenol for fever control? You can go to the ER if you need to. I'm not sure why it says not to,I was always told to go right in for any worries post abortion.
danigirlglow
by on Dec. 15, 2013 at 2:31 AM
1 mom liked this
Then I would go in, just to be on the safe side.

Quoting brandie110782: Yea Tylenol plus 3 antibiotics plus vocodin

Quoting danigirlglow: Antibiotics take a little while to kick in. Are you taking Tylenol for fever control? You can go to the ER if you need to. I'm not sure why it says not to,I was always told to go right in for any worries post abortion.
brandie110782
by on Dec. 15, 2013 at 2:31 AM
Would have never made full term was not developing correctly

Quoting kay283: Hope you feel better. What do you mean by Complications of an unviable pregnancy?
danigirlglow
by on Dec. 15, 2013 at 2:32 AM
If they are closed, go to the ER. They should have told you that though, its common instructions post abortion, no matter the reason. They should start ro work within about five days, depending on what they are and how you take them.

Quoting brandie110782: They don't really say don't go to er.... Just to contact them first and yes antibiotics do take awhile to kick in but how long?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)