Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Anyone ski in colorado looking for a family friendly place!

Posted by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 9:44 AM
  • 5 Replies

Would love some family friendly places to ski in colorado...We have only been skiing a handful of times but would love to go again..Any suggestions would be great! Thanks

by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 9:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Cafe Robin
by Group Owner on Dec. 16, 2013 at 12:01 PM

On our last trip, we went to Breckenridge and it was awesome!  My 3 kids who were 10, 7 and 5 at the time all became much better skiiers.  The drive from Denver wasn't bad at all.  I think we used Mt Express from the airport.

I also love Steamboat - especially if you can get a direct flight in!

Winter Park is great for family skiing, too.  It doesn't have as many amenities, though.

skiing   Have fun!!

livinlife39
by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 8:40 PM

Quoting Cafe Robin:

On our last trip, we went to Breckenridge and it was awesome!  My 3 kids who were 10, 7 and 5 at the time all became much better skiiers.  The drive from Denver wasn't bad at all.  I think we used Mt Express from the airport.

Winter Park is great for family skiing, too.  It doesn't have as many amenities, though.

skiing   Have fun!!

Awesome where did you stary in breckenridge? Weve been looking at it online it looks beautiful!

terpmama
by Gold Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 8:47 PM

We live in Colorado and love keystone, winter park and Breckinridge 

Cafe Robin
by Group Owner on Dec. 17, 2013 at 7:32 AM

Quoting livinlife39:

Quoting Cafe Robin:

skiing   Have fun!!

Awesome where did you stary in breckenridge? Weve been looking at it online it looks beautiful!

It is so beautiful!!  We stayed at the base of peak 8 at One Ski Hill Place.  It was expensive but perfect.  They had everything.  The ski school and lifts were right outside, they had an indoor pool and bowling alley, outdoor and indoor hot tubs and a gondola that takes you right into town. 

I was going to mention yesterday that Vail and Aspen are both really nice and beautiful but harder to get to for us.  Flying non-stop into Denver makes the trip nice and easy.  There are more flight times to choose from and the airfare is less expensive, too.

NDADanceMom
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 8:18 AM

We really enjoy Winter Park.  Its a little off the main drag and more for snowboarding than skiing, though they have both, so it suits out family better

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)