Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

whats your favorite holiday receipe!

Posted by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 10:01 AM
  • 6 Replies

Im looking for something different to make for my Christmas dinner. We always have all the traditional things but I curious what everyone else has and if theres something different out there I can try whether it be food or desserts! Lets hear um!

by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 8:44 AM

We like to do a ham and that potato casserole with the cream of chicken soup in it.

Enjoy a Coffee Break Chat
with us Every Tuesday!

BobKitten13
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 8:48 AM
My favorite is wine cookies. They are perfect to dip in coffee.
BobKitten13
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 8:49 AM
Oh or 7 cheese mac and cheese.
shadowmoon
by Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 9:22 AM

Chocolate Chip Cookies

¾ cup butter, softened

¼ cup shortening

1 cup packed brown sugar

½ cup granulated sugar

¾ teaspoon baking soda

½ teaspoon salt

2 eggs

1 teaspoon vanilla

2 ½ cups all-purpose flour

1 12-ounce package (2 cups) semisweet chocolate pieces or miniature candy-coated semisweet chocolate pieces

1 ½ cups chopped walnuts or pecans, toasted if desired (optional)

1.      Preheat oven to 375°F.  In a large mixing bowl beat butter and shortening with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.  Add the brown sugar, granulated sugar, baking soda, and salt.  Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.  Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined.  Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer.  Using a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining flour.  Stir in chocolate pieces, and, if desired, walnuts.

2.      Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet.  Bake in the preheated oven for 8 to 9 minutes or until edges are light brown.  Transfer to a wire rack and let cool. Makes about 60 cookies.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:10 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:47 AM

potato casserole woth soup & cream cheese .. yummy :)

taKENheart
by Flovely on Dec. 18, 2013 at 1:37 AM

We tend to do traditonal too.  The one thing I make that isn't from our family is pea salad.  It is amazing if you love peas!  I usually only make it for holidays and it doesn't come from my family.  It comes from my ex dh's family.  I love it!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)