Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How soon do you wrap presents to put under the tree?

Posted by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 1:54 PM
  • 90 Replies
1 mom liked this

I haven't started wrapping yet so there's nothing beneath my tree and my mom's giving me grief about it, telling me there should be gifts under it the whole time it's there, until Christmas is over and everything has been handed out and opened.

What do you think? Do you wrap presents to put under the tree as soon as you put the tree up? Do you wait until closer to Christmas to do them? Or do you just play it by ear and add some as you go?

by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 1:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lilfootmommy
by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 1:55 PM
I wrap as I buy, but dont put presents under the tree til xmas eve
bmw29
by Buttcrackncornchips on Dec. 16, 2013 at 1:55 PM
3 moms liked this
I wrap gifts and place them under the tree as I buy. I hate looking at a tree with no gifts. It just looks sad.
Mommy4-27-08
by Bronze Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 1:57 PM
I don't put them under the tree because I don't trust my kids not to open them. Lol. Or my cat for that matter. We put them all under it on Christmas eve.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TS9509
by Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 2:02 PM
I usually wrap gifts and have them under the tree the day after the tree is up but this year they aren't going under the tree until Christmas Eve bc I have my parents dog right now and she is a paper shredding machine so she will open all the gifts lol
BlueSparrow
by Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 2:03 PM

We dont do it until Christmas Eve night.

lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 2:04 PM

I had major surgery on Oct. 30th & wasn't sure how recovery was going to be (or if I'd even come out alive) so I had the tree up, presents wrapped & everything on Oct. 29th. 

Now I feel stupid because I was fine like 3 weeks later but I really didn't know what to expect, especially with a 6 week recovery time frame. But had something gone wrong, I know SO hates Christmas trees & probably wouldn't have put it up or wrapped the presents. I wanted it to all be done for DS, just in case.

BlueSparrow
by Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 2:05 PM

I should add my mom did have empty boxes wrapped under the tree when i was a kid, just to make it feel more Christmas.

Why123
by Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 2:09 PM

I have a bad habit of not wrapping anything until late Christmas Eve.

gingermommy86
by Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 2:14 PM
We just wrapped yesterday.. but they are not under our tree.. we have a 2 year old and think it would be less tempting to tear them open if she doesn't see them! But after she goes to bed Christmas eve night we will put them out! ;)
SciFiMama91
by Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 2:18 PM

I put everything out Christmas Eve. There will be 1 present under the tree on Friday for Yule though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN