Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

My Mom needs some help

Posted by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 6:21 PM
  • 6 Replies

She has been diagnosed with stage 4 terminal breast cancer.  Because of this she is basically skin and bones now.  I know that one huge problem that I can help with is that she is no longer comfortable sitting in the bathtub because she is so boney but cannot stand for long enough to take a shower without fear of falling.  I have tried to find something to put in the bathtub that would make it softer for her but I can't locate anything and don't even know what to look for exactly!  Any suggestions on what even to google?  Thank you in advance!

by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 6:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
sleepy_in_va
by Bronze Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 6:24 PM
Do you have a medical supply store near you? How about a shower chair?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SticksnStones
by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 6:29 PM

Quoting sleepy_in_va: Do you have a medical supply store near you? How about a shower chair?

I do have a medical supply store near.  I have checked Walgreens but they didn't have what I was looking for.  She has a shower chair but would like to be able to just sit in the bath.  She's a bit finnicky and I'd like to get her something perfect.  I just found what she was talking about, but I was wondering if there was a better alternative that one of you ladies might know of.  

9angel9
by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 6:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Dr. Nalani Valentine is a Doctor who healed herself of breast cancer. She has a book out that is called 7 steps to Healing and Wellness. Please contact her she can help your mother. You can find her on google,facebook,linkeldn. Dont waste time please contact her asap. She can heal herself with out all the crazy things they are or will put her through. I hope everything works out! Blessings!

b0riqua-Mami
by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 6:38 PM
1 mom liked this

i worked at a nursing home for elderly and one of the things we used for the patients that couldnt walk or stand or sit up straight  was a shower commode. I'll sent u a pix off of google hope this helps.. and i pray for ur mom n fam :)

xtwistedxlovex
by Gold Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 6:53 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bathtub-Lounger-Full-Body-Bath-Tub-Cushion-Comfort-Padding-Cradle-Back-Body-NEW-/200831625810
http://tubcushion.com

“Bath tub cushion“ or “bath tub lounger“ are the terms you're looking for.
SDmomma-3
by Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 8:15 PM
I'm not sure what would be best suited for her, sorry I can't be of any help there but I wanted to say that I will be sure to put you and your mother in my prayers.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN