Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Thinking.

Posted by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 11:14 PM
  • 19 Replies
If i was to get married i wouldnt have anyone to walk me down the isle.. my father booted me out of his life a few months ago.. what did some of you ladies do??
by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 11:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kayla2013
by Bronze Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 11:17 PM
My dad didnt have anytging to do with me. I was torn between my uncle who is my godfather and im really close to or my mom who is my best friend. Well it ended up being my mom because my uncle was my hubby's best man.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WishToBeMomm281
by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 11:21 PM
My uncles don't speak to me either /: my papas aren't here.. kinda upsetting because i always imagined my father there..

Quoting Kayla2013: My dad didnt have anytging to do with me. I was torn between my uncle who is my godfather and im really close to or my mom who is my best friend. Well it ended up being my mom because my uncle was my hubby's best man.
Kayla2013
by Bronze Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 11:24 PM
Is there any way of working the problem out with your.dad? Or are you close to any of.your so's family to ask them?

Believe me, nothing will be odd or complicated. My wedding hit all things possible. Lol

Quoting WishToBeMomm281: My uncles don't speak to me either /: my papas aren't here.. kinda upsetting because i always imagined my father there..

Quoting Kayla2013: My dad didnt have anytging to do with me. I was torn between my uncle who is my godfather and im really close to or my mom who is my best friend. Well it ended up being my mom because my uncle was my hubby's best man.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WishToBeMomm281
by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 11:27 PM
My so brother but he will be the best man.. my so dad isn't around either /:

Quoting Kayla2013: Is there any way of working the problem out with your.dad? Or are you close to any of.your so's family to ask them?

Believe me, nothing will be odd or complicated. My wedding hit all things possible. Lol

Quoting WishToBeMomm281: My uncles don't speak to me either /: my papas aren't here.. kinda upsetting because i always imagined my father there..

letstalk747
by Joy on Dec. 17, 2013 at 12:33 AM

i have seen a brother , other relative or friend

mysticatgal
by Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 9:11 AM
I've seen mothers or bride walking by herself also. Anyone you feel close to can give you away. I did have my dad but almost dragged him along because I couldn't wait to get to my dh, almost to the point I should've walked myself.
WishToBeMomm281
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 1:34 PM
I'm not really close to anyone.. my mom doesn't want to do it.. i got a big decision to make i guess lol
BoopBettyBoop
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 1:36 PM

Do you have any family friends that you are close to or have been like a father to you?  Like another poster said, there are brides that walk themselves down the aisle.

MommaVoo
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 1:40 PM

what about his father? or a male friend.. 

CafeMom Tickers
trainlady
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 2:12 PM
If you have no other relatives such as brothers or uncles then what about a best friend of your intended hubby. Its nice if its the father but if it can't be let someone else close to you or your hubby step in and take their place. Don't let this stop you from having a beautiful and meaningful wedding. Good Luck
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN