Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

So,$450.00 later.... update

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 8:44 AM
  • 49 Replies

at least we know he'll be ok.Damn cat.Everything happens around Christmas time,huh?

Mancha,Brian's cat went missing day before yesterday.We don't really let our cats out,but every now and then one of them manages to sneak pass someone,kwim?Anywho,Mancha shows up yesterday morning,all beat up.

His left leg was swollen to 2x it's normal size and he was having a hard time walking....So,off to the vet it was.He ended having a small little wound (bb size) that was infected (really infected-pus pocket,abcess type).Had to have him sedated so they could "clip and tie" (way vet described what she was doing),drain and flush it.

We get to bring him home today.He's been at the vet's office since yesterday morning. Btw,for those that want to know....Brian is my 12 year old.

This is Mancha.

I've gotten a few messages asking for a picture of the "after".It is sort of graphic-if squeamish don't look. Picture on page 3.

Well,Mancha is back with the vet.Having the drain tube removed and everything stitched up.She'll call us tomorrow morning to come and get him.On another note,the cat of one of my neighbors was also shot with a bb gun...but,they caught the kid doing it red-handed! The "little" boy is the neighborhood bully,his name is Gabe and he's 13.Elisa (next door neighbor)wants us to go with her to press charges--I don't think we can.We don't KNOW for sure that Gabe shot our cat,it's just something that everyone assumed because of catching him today,kwim?When we told Gabe's mom what happened she told us that we had to be lying,"My little Gabe would NEVER do something like that.He LOVES cats!" 

Ugh!I hate "my kid/kids can do NO wrong" type parents!!

by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 8:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 8:46 AM

Vet said she she was almost positive that someone shot him with a bb gun.Wth is wrong with people?

MaineMammax2
by Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 8:48 AM
Oh poor lil guy! I know how that is! In the past we have spent $1300 on one of our cats trying to save him...who the hell in their right mind does that?!?! The same for another cat that had cancer. It does seem that unexpected expenses pop up during the holidays. Wishing him a speedy recovery!
angevil53
by Silver Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 8:48 AM
I wouldn't want someone's cat hanging around my house getting my dog all riled up.
momofsixangels
by Platinum Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 8:49 AM

awww...Poor thing. He is so cute

marivipg
by New Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 8:58 AM
Seriously?

Quoting angevil53: I wouldn't want someone's cat hanging around my house getting my dog all riled up.
brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 9:35 AM

Thank you.He is one of my bottle-fed babies.We found him wandering around after Katrina....he didn't even weigh 3 lbs.He now weighs 15 lbs-lol.

Quoting momofsixangels:

awww...Poor thing. He is so cute

Gorilla_Mama
by Kelsie on Dec. 17, 2013 at 10:21 AM
Glad he has a good home :) not everyone woul spend that kind of money on him. My cat Mocha cost me $500 when he ate about 3 yards worth of thread and it got caught up in his guts. I always make sure to take the thread off my sewing machine when I'm done now.
MommaVoo
by Bronze Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 10:30 AM

no idea.. what a pretty cat! I dont understand people who hurt animals either :(

Quoting brandyblx:

Vet said she she was almost positive that someone shot him with a bb gun.Wth is wrong with people?

CafeMom Tickers
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Jeez.  Glad there was nothing more serious that happened.  Humans are stupid is all i can say.

Mommy4-27-08
by Bronze Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 12:16 PM
When I was younger, our neighbors built a shed next to our fence and it actually overhung into our yard. As soon as it went up, my dog started freaking out. We told the neighbors that they needed to move the shed because that was the problem. They were invading our space. One day, our dog was barking in our yard because of this and the neighbor pepper sprayed my dog. We were pissed!!! That was a fun vet bill as well.

We also had a cat attacked by dogs and we chose to save him. It was around $2500. He was attacked in our front yard too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)