Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Did anyone else have this problem??

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 8:24 PM
  • 12 Replies

I breastfeed, and I quickly learned (after eating tacos two nights in a row) that when I eat spicey foods, or anything with alot of spices my baby gets a stomach ache, so now I have to avoid those kind of foods and fix it up to were its not so spicey.  What was your tabboo foods for breastfeeding?

by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 8:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
A.J.s_mommy
by Ruby Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 8:25 PM
My daughter is 14 months. The only thing that I ever noticed was that she was extra gassy when I ate pumpkin pie.
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 9:00 PM

I did not notice any issues with any foods while breast feeding.  I guess I was a lucky one.  She never had constipation either.

sininho2000
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 10:25 PM

I only breastfed for 2 weeks. ( I dried up way too quickly!!). :o((

But here's a Bump :o))

jconney80
by Platinum Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 11:45 PM
I never had an issue with eating spicy foods and I've nursed two kids past a year. Could it be the dairy maybe? Or a tongue or lip tie?
Reetz609
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:37 PM
1 mom liked this
What's a tongue or lip tie?

Quoting jconney80: I never had an issue with eating spicy foods and I've nursed two kids past a year. Could it be the dairy maybe? Or a tongue or lip tie?
jconney80
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 4:54 PM
http://www.pennilessparenting.com/2012/02/tongue-tie-and-lip-tie-snipping-for.html?m=1

Quoting Reetz609: What's a tongue or lip tie?

Quoting jconney80: I never had an issue with eating spicy foods and I've nursed two kids past a year. Could it be the dairy maybe? Or a tongue or lip tie?
MommaVoo
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 6:26 PM

I have heard this, I wasnt able to BF either of my two.. REALLY hoping to succeed this time around!

CafeMom Tickers
MaineMammax2
by Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 6:27 PM
Chocolate and spicy food seemed to cause stomach upset for both my girls. It's hard to tell for sure though.
Reetz609
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 8:17 PM
Oh my gosh that's crazy!!! 0.o

Quoting jconney80: http://www.pennilessparenting.com/2012/02/tongue-tie-and-lip-tie-snipping-for.html?m=1

Quoting Reetz609: What's a tongue or lip tie?

Elyce225
by Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 8:19 PM

Most greens except string beans.

Broccoli was the worst for them, all three of them. Guess what their favorite food is now? Broccoli, lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)