Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

My Sister's Christmas List...is ridiculous

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 3:18 PM
  • 141 Replies
I just got an email from my Dad with the Christmas list for my 21 year old sister.

"1. Kid Icarus Uprising for 3DS
2. Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney vols 4 and up (Mangas)
3. Miles Edgeworth Ace Attorney volumes (Mangas)
4. Pokemon X for 3DS
5. IPhone 4 – 4 in 1 USB Charge And Data Sync Cable
6. HDMI, USB, AV Adapter For iPad, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod Touch (4th gen.)
7. Charging Stand With Speaker For iPhone, iPad, iPod, Samsung Galaxy Smartphone, Galaxy Tab, Galaxy Note.
8. The world Ends with you for DS
9. 2 more wii motes
10. Ear plugs for music

Let’s work together to avoid duplication."

Am I the only one who thinks this is ridiculous? She's 21. Does she really need my dad sending out a Christmas list for her? She's 21. I am all for having fun and staying young but her list makes her sound 8 years old. This list was emailed out to everyone on both sides of the family. Mind you we have tons of kids under the age of 12...and I haven't received a single email like this. I think this is silly. Oh. And she doesn't buy a single gift for anyone over the holidays.

I got her gift in advanced (who sends a list one week before Christmas). I told my dad I got her something already and it's not on the list. And my mom and dad told me I should get her a gift or two on the list too because it's rude to give someone something they don't want.

Well F that!!!

Or am I just a grinch. I don't know...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 3:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Gothicgypsy3
by Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 3:25 PM
10 moms liked this

I don't think you're a grinch at all. I'd just give the gift you've already got and let her deal with it if she doesn't like it.

lakens_mommy
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 3:25 PM
4 moms liked this
I probably wouldn't buy her anything from her list either.

And that reminds me of my husband when his sister was younger. She had a long list of stuff and told him that she would be very upset if he didn't buy any of it. He doesn't like being told what he can and can not buy. So he bought her a triangle clock. Lol
Jaylove13
by Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 3:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Give her what you bought her she should appreciate it!
Outspoken.Mime
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 3:28 PM

Yeah thats an odd list for a 21 year old.  

MizzSuzy
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 3:36 PM
Wow im 21 and i even think this list is ridiculous. Just give her what you already bought her she has to appreciate it. Shes 21 not 7.
Serabeth06
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 4:16 PM
3 moms liked this

I'd say you're not a grinch, and your dad and sister are nuts. :/ But that's just me. I think Santa wish lists are for children who still believe in Santa, not 21 year olds with Ipods, Ipads, and Wiis.

4everJs
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 5:52 PM
4 moms liked this
LOL my mom and my sister have no grace when accepting gifts.

I bought my mom a kindle fire for Christmas last year and got a "what the hell is this"?

My sister is the same. If she doesn't like it she will make sure you and everyone know it...FOR YEARS.

I hate buying them gifts.

I teach my kids if they get something they don't like to smile and say thank you like they mean it no matter if it is a lump of coal.

Quoting Jaylove13: Give her what you bought her she should appreciate it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
4everJs
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 5:53 PM
Thank you. It's so silly.

Quoting Serabeth06:

I'd say you're not a grinch, and your dad and sister are nuts. :/ But that's just me. I think Santa wish lists are for children who still believe in Santa, not 21 year olds with Ipods, Ipads, and Wiis.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sbellemommy
by Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 5:56 PM
1 mom liked this

That is rediculous.  Unless asked for a list I think that is incredibly rude to dictate what people should buy you.

LNLMommy
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 5:58 PM
1 mom liked this
She is too damn old for all of that
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)