Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

have any of you done a home birth?? stories please?

Posted by on Dec. 19, 2013 at 2:38 PM
  • 18 Replies
im looking into a home birth for this baby. it is my 3rd and my last.. my last baby was born in the hospital and i had the worst experience ever and will never want to do it again unless absolutely necessary. can any of share your stories of what i could expect.
baby development
by on Dec. 19, 2013 at 2:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:45 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 3:53 PM

Not me but hopefully others will share :)

noey31308
by Noelle on Dec. 19, 2013 at 3:57 PM

BUMP!

Mommytoaangel
by Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 4:05 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Serabeth06
by Bronze Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 4:21 PM

Not me, I always went with a hospital. I've had some horrible experiences with IVs, though. (Can we say pincushion?) But otherwise I'm ok with it. My doctor is pretty cool, she mostly just leaves me be unless I ask her for anything more. I kick the nurses out. (: With my DS, I was stuck at 5 cm for 26 hours. I banned the number 5. If anybody even thought 5 I was going to rip their eyes out.

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 11:29 PM

sorry I wouldn't dare... factor five clotting issue.... have to take blood thinners during pregnancy...

Johlsh
by Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 11:32 PM
No, my dh and family are highly against me having one :( but this time i'm trying for a waterbirth in the hospital.
karone04
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 7:55 AM

I woke up to my water breaking. Went to the bathroom because I felt like I had to poo. After a few minutes I got dressed in new shorts and laid back down. About a half hour later I yelled to my ex who fell asleep on the couch. He didn't wake up. A few minutes later the pain got rough for me. Between contractions I walked to the couch and woke ex up. He called for the fire department. We didn't have a car at that time. They came and delivered Monkey. We went to the hospital. That was 9 years and 2 weeks ago.

BoopBettyBoop
by Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 11:50 AM

I decided to have our 4th baby at home, part out of necisity because we lived over an hour away from a hospital 28 miles up a dirt road.  I had a water birth and LOVED it!  The water seemed to make the labor more bearable and if I would have known what a great way that was to have our baby I would have done it with all the other ones. 

RADmomma
by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 11:55 AM
Not me. My first was a csection. My second a vbac
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)