Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Help!! How to find a babysitter?

Posted by on Dec. 19, 2013 at 3:09 PM
  • 8 Replies

My older sister watches my daughter every once in a while when we go on date night, or a small vacation. But my sister also watches other kids. I just feel like she doesn't have time for her niece so i want to find someone who can play with my daughter, and watch the house when we are gone, and the animals... But trying to find someone is thee most difficult thing to find. I want to trust someone with my house and kid. I just cant find anyone. Please help. I'm in the Spanaway, Wa area.confused

by on Dec. 19, 2013 at 3:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:27 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 3:52 PM

Welcome to CafeMom,
Is there a neighbor you can ask?  Any teen age kids in your area?
Good luck & hope others have more ideas for you :)

Kays_Momma_721
by on Dec. 19, 2013 at 3:59 PM

We just moved in April and havent gotten to know many neighbors, most are military, and that I know of not any teenage kids. Thank you. When I was younger I had lots of neighbors, or my sisters friends who had kids. But now that I have my own kid, There isnt any kids it seems like. (:

RonaH
by Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 4:03 PM

That was always my problem too a few years ago. no real advice accept go meet some other moms in the area and then maybe you will get some insider information! lol

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:27 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 5:26 PM

Aww well I hope you can sk around where you live though :)

Quoting Kays_Momma_721:

We just moved in April and havent gotten to know many neighbors, most are military, and that I know of not any teenage kids. Thank you. When I was younger I had lots of neighbors, or my sisters friends who had kids. But now that I have my own kid, There isnt any kids it seems like. (:

DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 6:39 PM
1 mom liked this
To bad your not closer my dd is 17 and would love to babysit n house sit. Shes very responsible been banysitting since she was 13
noelgray
by Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 6:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Care.com, only look at the babysitters with background checks. Meet her before hand, alone. Then observe her once or twice with your DD before leaving them alone.

Noel (25)
& Brandon (26)
TTC since March 1, 2008
Avery Drew (grew wings 1/5/08 at 6wks 3days gestation)
Skylar Dakota (grew wings 4/19/08 at 5wks 1day gestation)
Charlie Blake (grew wings 4/4/10 at 4wks 3days gestation)

Clairwil
by Silver Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 2:07 PM

Quoting Kays_Momma_721:

My older sister watches my daughter every once in a while when we go on date night, or a small vacation. But my sister also watches other kids. I just feel like she doesn't have time for her niece so i want to find someone who can play with my daughter, and watch the house when we are gone, and the animals... But trying to find someone is thee most difficult thing to find. I want to trust someone with my house and kid. I just cant find anyone. Please help. I'm in the Spanaway, Wa area.

It took us years to find someone we'd both trust, who wasn't a relative.

What worked in the end was contacting the local nursery school.  It turned out that some of their staff did it part time.

NDADanceMom
by on Dec. 25, 2013 at 2:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Do you have any colleges near you?  We live in a college town and there is a business here called college nannies+ tutoring.  They do background checks and most of the babysitters are in the pediatric medicine, education and child development departments of the schools.  They are all really good.  If not maybe ask friends, or ask at your local high school.  The teachers may know a student that is really good with kids or is planning on going to college for education.  Another place is your local YMCA or even other full service health club.  The person working the child care area will likely babysit as well. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)