Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

GREEDY PEOPLE!!!

Posted by on Dec. 19, 2013 at 10:05 PM
  • 9 Replies

I went with my friend to get her and my Kids presents from the Salvation Army Toy drive today... well this woman ahead of us wasn't allowed to receive her toys because she had already picked up threw Toys For Tots, She threw a FIT!! Yelling say her kids had ONLY gotten 4-5 Toys EACH from them and it was bullSh*t That she couldn't have both... The lady (who was MUCH calmer than I would have been) told her that It was CLEARLY marked on the Application that if it was found out that you had gotten from somewhere else that you WOULD not get from them... That they checked the Database before you were allowed to get them and if u or your Children were already in the Database they couldn't help you... This woman continued having a fit because she didn't think it was fair that they Only got 5-4 toys apiece... I was Ready to yell at her my self when a supervisor came out and told her "I'm sorry but we do not allow "Double Dipping", I need you to leave or I will be forced to called the cops." She flipped him the bird and stormed out!! Now I will admit I wasn't happy with what My kids got last yr from Toys for tots (a cheap toy and a board game) for the amount of trouble I had to threw to even get them but I understand that they had a LARGE amount of kids to cover and not enough Donation so I didn't bitch... I was Grateful They got anything at all and I told them thank you MANY times! So this yr I did a little research and found that the Salvation Army has a easier time collecting and filling orders... I did NOT expect more than 3 toys each, PERIOD! I got them each a couple my self and they would appreciate what they DID get regardless!!

But this woman seems to have forgotten when Christmas is about!! Its about giving and Love, Not Greed and hatefulness!! It really ticked me and my friend off!!! BE GRATEFUL if you get help providing your kids with a Christmas present or two and DON'T Bitch when you try to beat the system and be greedy because u don't think they got enough People do this out of the kindness of their hearts not because they HAVE to!!!

And every yr we do need help with Christmas I make sure the kids write a Thank you letter to "Santa" and I take to where ever I get the help from... I am SO SO SO Very greatful for the help we got this yr! And Because we had already signed up in November I couldn't back out so since we knew they were getting toys from them and we came into a little bit of extra money we turned around and helped a child off the "Wishing Tree" that the Salvation Army does, so we could pay it forward!

CafeMom Tickers
by on Dec. 19, 2013 at 10:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 10:28 PM

some people are like that... I personally don't care if people "double dip" for their kids... but the sense of entitlement is terrible

pinkcoffeecup
by Gold Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 10:55 PM

Some are like that.  Just before Thanksgiving. I was riding the bus home from work. These 2 ladies were talking how places are stingy with the hand outs of food for the holiday.  That they had a mess of family coming to dinner. They didn't know how they'd feed them all.  Well them food boxes given to families on the holidays are meant for. You,your spouse and your minor kids.  Not for all your extended family.  Meaning siblings and their so's and there kids and that.  If I was in that dire need.  I'd of been very happy with the box of food given me.  The same would be for whatever toys I got if I had any young kids.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:08 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 11:57 AM

Sad some people are like that :(

ineedsabreak
by Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 1:45 PM
i went through a toys for tots line.it was so much hassle & then on pick up day hours in line in the freezing cold for a barbie,game & stuffed animal.i appreciate the thought but when the news does a morning special you see lots of bikes & really nice stuff dropped off.but the worst was seeing a local pastors wife in line bragging about how they got adopted by alocal church & were the year before also & describing how much stuff they got.if adopted by the church why do the toys for tots?i like the term double dipping.it just seemed so greedy to me.i am grateful for the help tho. with my husbands injury its been a very rough year.i cant wait till i can give back.one girl on facebook was adopted & got just a backpack & pencils for her kid.i felt bad for her.normally when your family is adopted you get toys & clothes.
withsecond
by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 3:58 PM
Wow, she should be grateful to even get those gifts. Basically she wanted to take gifts from other children whose parents hadn't yet picked up. People suck.
reche1978
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 4:15 PM

that is very selfish and sad what would happen if people stopped spending there hard earned money and didnt donate.....I would say to ban her from ever signing up but that only hurts the kids

trainlady
by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 9:09 PM
Double dipping at Christmas on donated gifts is totally ridiculous. And complaining because her kids only got 4 or 5 gifts is terrible. My niece and nephew only got 3 gifts each and that was all we could afford and no one is complaining. When Christmas morning comes they will be very happy with what they got, they always are. These donation give aways are basically set up for families that have absolutely nothing and can't afford even one gift for their kids. And believe me there are plenty out there that can't. I have anonamously adopted a little 2 year old who dad is raising her and doing a good job. I give one gift for her birthday and for Christmas and an Easter basket at Easter. Since I don't know her personally I let her case worker buy what she thinks she will like or needs because she sees the little girl on a regular basis. Its not very much but a little bit goes a long way. People are getting way out of hand going to these toy giveaways and demanding so much because it is free. The lady in this story should have been banned completely from both places in the future. Her kids will suffer but that is too bad they have such a greedy mother. Merry Christmas Everyone
indianamom1985
by Gold Member on Dec. 21, 2013 at 2:26 AM

She was horrible... I was actually CRYING as I saw what people had gotten my kids!! It was WAY more than I had ever expected... Not a LOT but the things they got were EXACTLY what they asked for and THEN some... my Nieces "Dream Gift" was a bike and I just asked for a Little girls bike... The person who picked her got her a Monster High bike, Because she asked for a monster High purse too... I started Crying... I am SO VERY Grateful for what they got them! They each got new coats, hats, and Gloves WHICH THEY NEEDED!! I KNOW they will love everything they got!!! and These Gifts that the get from Donations ARE NEVER from us... they are always from Santa! I Do not understand the Greediness and Anger that comes from people being Wonderful enough to Make your kids Dreams come true, Just because u don't get to "double Dip"... I just don't understand it!

SissyAnn141
by on Dec. 21, 2013 at 3:06 AM

I am sure the "THANK YOU" card means alot to them they

probably get very few. It also teaches your kids manners:

group hug     clapping

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)