Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Mom VS me

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 5:40 PM
  • 10 Replies

so I have a little bit of an issue that should be a non issue at work. I work with Babies at work and love my job. I have a baby that naps at work which is fine of course my problem is that the baby takes a nap with out a pacifier not because I with hold it but she just falls asleep with out it. The mom is always mentioning it the other day she spoke to my boss about it my boss is not concerned about me I am not in any trouble. I am worry that the mom  is maybe jealous and I dont know how to handle it any advice.

how would you feel in my place or in the moms??

by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 5:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
christina122952
by Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 5:45 PM
She should not have any concerns and you are doing a great job.
Mommy4-27-08
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 5:49 PM
I worked in a daycare and I have been a nanny. I have experienced a lot of parent jealousy over some ridiculous stuff. Just know that jealousy has nothing to do with you and everything to do with the mom. She's probably feeling like she is failing in it while you are doing it.

As a mom, I kind of get that. It's like how kids behave so much better for everyone else but then are total snots at home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:46 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 6:13 PM

Not you fault,
Try not to worry about it :)

terpmama
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 6:34 PM

Is mom worried about SIDS or similar? Why is she concerned?

MommaVoo
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 7:29 PM

thats what I was thinking.. pacifiers while sleeping reduce the chance of SIDS so perhaps thats why the mom is so worrisome about it.

Quoting terpmama:

Is mom worried about SIDS or similar? Why is she concerned?

CafeMom Tickers
jconney80
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 8:09 PM

I don't see why she would be upset unless she was worried about SIDS? That is really strange. Has she expressed why she's upset about it?

RoseWall
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 8:55 PM

interesting. what did she say to explain it.

DallasCowboys81
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 9:51 PM
Sounds like shes a drama starter. Just ignore it, its actually a good thing that baby dont sleep with it. :)
redroseaylor
by New Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 10:33 PM

the baby is a year old in less than a month so SIDS is not likely a concern all she said was that she dosent understand how the baby sleeps without it because she can never get her to sleep with out it so how can I?!?

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 11:53 PM
you can get baby to sleep without a pacifier because you are relaxed and there is a routine around baby at daycare while mom is stressed out and feeling inadequate so she tries too hard or isnt consistent and matter of fact about sleep. dont worry about mom- your director has seen her type before

Quoting redroseaylor:

the baby is a year old in less than a month so SIDS is not likely a concern all she said was that she dosent understand how the baby sleeps without it because she can never get her to sleep with out it so how can I?!?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)