Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

tonight i was at wal mart getting some things for dinner. i was in the self checkout area. a woman walked up with a sleeping toddler in her basket, sleeping on a pillow pet. the cashier watching the area noticed the sleeping child and pulled the tag off so the mother could pay for it without waking him. the mother then says "oh i am not buying that for him, it just kept him quiet". then she woke the child up and gave the pillow pet to the cashier in front of him with him reaching for it and crying. why do people do this? it seems cruel to me to let a child think they are going to get a new toy only to take it away from them before leaving the store. do any of you ladies do this? if so why? i am just curious as i have never thought of giving one of my kids a toy to keep them quiet if i had no intention of buying it.

by on Dec. 23, 2013 at 12:52 AM
Replies (91-91):
AviannasMama
by Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 12:34 PM
My 2 year old always picks up little things here or there while shopping at Wal-Mart. If she really wants it ill get it for her but 95% of the time, when I put it back she doesn't even care or notice. Just like 95% of the time if I buy her the toy, we get home and its never touched or played w again.

Moms who say its lazy parenting, I forgot you don't do anything to make your life a little easier. I probably wouldn't do it if she was a little older, but like I said, most of the time she doesn't even blink an eye when I put it back. And its not always a toy. Sometimes its something stupid like a spatula I'm buying.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN