Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Cord Blood Banking

Posted by on Dec. 23, 2013 at 11:33 AM
  • 5 Replies

Hi Ladies, 

I'm new to this blog so I first wanted to say that I've enjoyed reading your posts and I look forward to chatting. I was reading about cord blood banking and feel like I wasnt really educated on this topic with my first daughter (almost 4 years ago), We are going to bank our baby #2's cord now that we realize how advanced and powerful cell therapy is. There are over 81 diseases that cord blood can treat and not just for the baby but potentially for a first or second degree relative! Now that I've known a few people that have had their lives saved through cell therapy and am going to bank my babys cord, I'm quite excited about this whole new world that I don't think gets talked about enough....

Emily

by on Dec. 23, 2013 at 11:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on Dec. 23, 2013 at 11:35 AM

Do both the cord blood and cord tissue. Which company did you choose. 

HKPMOMMY
by New Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 11:56 AM

Yes, I'm going to do both:) We went with Core23biobank in Springfield, MO because we liked how they were personal and we got to tour their lab.They are the only local private bank in this area which is imporatant too for cell viability.

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 12:28 PM
We did with both of our kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LuLuRex
by Silver Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 4:08 PM

Hello and welcome!

I didn't do it, but most people I know have. 

sweetpea810
by New Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 9:37 PM

Thanks for doing that, I didnt know what cord blood can do. I wish I did cord blood banking for both my kiddos. I just want to let you know if I ever make a choice in the future for my son to get a bone marrow transplant  bcs its the only cure out there for the disease he has...thanks a lot!!! If more ppl did this not only could they save their own family but many others :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)