Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

So I am realizing more and more how little teens know about sex. Like if you take antibiotics while on birth control pills it can make it less effective or not at all and you can totally get pregnant. wierd stuff like that. What are things you wish everyone knew. I think I am going to do a class on it.  I only remember having sex ed in like 7th grade and that was it. It didn't go into detail though about sex in general! ugh. Hoping to cover stuff not normally covered. Can you gals help me think up stuff, like that after the guy ejaculates, you should use a new condom. and be careful not to get semen on the outside of the new one...

What info can you share, common or not, rumors debunked etc.  I want to make sure to cover a lot of bases. I will also look at the planned parenthood info.

by on Dec. 23, 2013 at 10:19 PM
Replies (41-50):
MendoMama52
by Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 2:38 AM
I'm completely sure you cannot get pregnant from anal. Where did you get this info? The other points are good though. I'd also like to add the idea of dispelling myths like you can't get pregnant the first time, can't get pregnant if you do it upside down, Two condoms means double protection, etc.

Quoting Retrokitty: My school district has awesome sex ed. They do it every year from grade 2-11.

Some things kid should know:

-anal can get you pregnant

-sperm doesn't die when it hits the air

- you should use two forms of birth control

-you must take the pill at the same time everyday for it to be effective.

Aniyunwiya
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 5:20 AM

Some teenagers think if you are a virgin you can't get pregnant.

They should use more then one form of birth control at a time (example, they should use BC pills AND condoms AND probably another method).

Pre-ejaculate can get you pregnant.

The "pull-out method" is not reliable as a form of BC.

You CAN get pregnant ANYTIME you have sex, ANYWHERE (example, rather the woman has an orgasm, in the shower, if you douche/shower afterwards, on your period, on your head etc.)

Retrokitty
by Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 11:08 AM
You can! That's why it's good for people to know because many people think you can't.

To answer your question: the sperm can dribble out and find it's way into the vagina. Obviously it's hard to get pregnant but it has happened to many people.
I've learned it in a few classes, sex ed being one of them.

Quoting MendoMama52: I'm completely sure you cannot get pregnant from anal. Where did you get this info? The other points are good though. I'd also like to add the idea of dispelling myths like you can't get pregnant the first time, can't get pregnant if you do it upside down, Two condoms means double protection, etc.

Quoting Retrokitty: My school district has awesome sex ed. They do it every year from grade 2-11.

othermom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 11:15 AM

I never paid attention much to the antibiotic one, that is how I got pregnant with my son

sweetpea810
by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 3:41 PM

I took sex ed from 5th grade to sophmore year of highschool. Schools provide great info but parents should also talk with their kids. I plan on discussing sex ed at home and have them take the course in school as well. I plan on talking about the woman's body and the man's body as well, what to expect during our menstrual cycle, whats normal whats not. Discuss hormones and how they play a part in the reproduction process. Discuss medical history with them and infertility...not only discuss sex but real world situations that revolve around sex. Pregnancy, abortion, birth control, relationships, and unfortunate circumstances like rape.

strawberryLVR
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 5:26 PM

yes you can because the semen drips down and into the vagina. stupid teens don't think about that

Quoting MendoMama52: I'm completely sure you cannot get pregnant from anal. Where did you get this info? The other points are good though. I'd also like to add the idea of dispelling myths like you can't get pregnant the first time, can't get pregnant if you do it upside down, Two condoms means double protection, etc.

strawberryLVR
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 5:38 PM

Quoting AutymsMommy:

You're just going to randomly offer a sex ed class? Who on earth do you think would come?

LOL, I'm a youth motivational speaker and a national title holder for my program.. maybe I forgot to mention that... :D

AutymsMommy
by Ruby Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 6:01 PM

... and what qualifies you to speak about sex ed?

Quoting strawberryLVR:

Quoting AutymsMommy:

You're just going to randomly offer a sex ed class? Who on earth do you think would come?

LOL, I'm a youth motivational speaker and a national title holder for my program.. maybe I forgot to mention that... :D

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

pinkcoffeecup
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 6:08 PM

I'd be teaching them abstonence only as teens. Teens don't need to be having sex at such a young age. We know some teens will have sex no matter how much we tell them it's not a good idea at their age.  Teach them no birth control is totally safe.  On any of them there could be a small percentage of getting pregnant.  That it's not ok to abort a child they may be carrying.  That if they are not ready to be a parent. There is adoption. 

AutymsMommy
by Ruby Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 7:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Are you SERIOUS? The chances of that happening are slim to none; it also is not referred to as "dripping into the vagina" when it DOES happen.

And a youth motivational speaker who refers to teens as "stupid.

We'll skip your class - and recommend others do the same.

Quoting strawberryLVR:

yes you can because the semen drips down and into the vagina. stupid teens don't think about that

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN