Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

So I am realizing more and more how little teens know about sex. Like if you take antibiotics while on birth control pills it can make it less effective or not at all and you can totally get pregnant. wierd stuff like that. What are things you wish everyone knew. I think I am going to do a class on it.  I only remember having sex ed in like 7th grade and that was it. It didn't go into detail though about sex in general! ugh. Hoping to cover stuff not normally covered. Can you gals help me think up stuff, like that after the guy ejaculates, you should use a new condom. and be careful not to get semen on the outside of the new one...

What info can you share, common or not, rumors debunked etc.  I want to make sure to cover a lot of bases. I will also look at the planned parenthood info.

by on Dec. 23, 2013 at 10:19 PM
Replies (51-55):
10_10_10
by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 7:41 PM
1 mom liked this
You asked for opinions, so here's mine:
Every woman should know and understand menstruation, exactly how to get pregnant, and know how to interpret her cervical mucous signs and how to know het own cycle and body of she so chooses.
Douches and baths do not work to remove sperm from the vagina and thus cannot prevent pregnancy.
Birth control pills are dangerous and should be used with caution and are not intended to be taken for more than five years and most women have a very difficult time finding the right pill.
Saying no doesn't make you a prude,and there's nothing wrong with being prudent anyway.
I'll provable come up with a bunch of others when I hit submit, but......
creneep83
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:11 AM

I'm wondering, where the hell did u get your info about women can get pregnant from anal sex?????????? I just get my research, there's no way

Quoting Retrokitty: My school district has awesome sex ed. They do it every year from grade 2-11.
Some things kid should know:
-anal can get you pregnant
-sperm doesn't die when it hits the air
- you should use two forms of birth control
-you must take the pill at the same time everyday for it to be effective.

Memere60
by Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:02 AM

I am 60 yrs old and a grandmother to my precious grandchildren( a boy and a girl). If my daughter permits me to, I would be more than happy to talk to them separately. I would tell them that if I had to do my life all over again, I would wish that the only man I was ever intimate was yheir grandfather. The pain I still feel if I dwell on it is falling for the line 'you know I love you' or 'I would never hurt you', and I am not even talking about actual 

Memere60
by Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Me again. I am not talking about actual intercourse! I had no one to talk to . The first few times I lost a boyfriends because I would not let them 'feel me up' I was crushed and felt ashamed. I really wish someone had told me to respect myself and that guys don't understand how to respect women (starting around 15). Grandparents can play a part in this if they are willing to be honest and open with their younger generation. Again, I would only do this with their parents' permission.

strawberryLVR
by Gold Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 2:12 PM

semen drips from anus, and gets into the vagina. it's not directly getting pregnant but people are stupid and don't think.

Quoting creneep83:

I'm wondering, where the hell did u get your info about women can get pregnant from anal sex?????????? I just get my research, there's no way

Quoting Retrokitty: My school district has awesome sex ed. They do it every year from grade 2-11.
Some things kid should know:
-anal can get you pregnant
-sperm doesn't die when it hits the air
- you should use two forms of birth control
-you must take the pill at the same time everyday for it to be effective.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)