Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Breast cancer update

Posted by on Dec. 24, 2013 at 4:15 AM
  • 6 Replies
My mom recently found a lump in her breast she went to the doctor today and they told her she probably has it based on family history she goes in next Monday for a biopsy. I'm freaking out, I some how knew this was going to happen so planned on having my last kid by 30 so I could have a hysterectomy and not have to worry about getting cancer in the area. I'm not so much worried about my mothers death because I can handle that, its just my whole world and life is changing and I'm not sure how it will end. I need some support.

Update: doctor says she has cancer of the breast but also possibly of the liver as well. Which means she could have had liver cancer that spread to the breast or just breast cancer and a bad liver.
by on Dec. 24, 2013 at 4:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Dec. 25, 2013 at 10:10 AM

Unfortunately, cancer happens to far too many people, but try not to dwell on the negatives and take things as they come. Let her get her biopsy. Pray for her that the results come back good for her. Be there for her and love her, and if the results do come back that she has cancer, keep praying and taking things a step at a time through her treatment. ((HUGS)) and hopefully it's just a benign cyst, nothing to worry about, or if it is cancer, it's easily treatable.

Bmat
by Platinum Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 10:20 AM

It is a terribly scary time.  I hope it is benign. If it isn't, then there are treatments.  She is in my prayers. Please keep us updated.

Bookoholic
by Silver Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 5:28 PM
She does have cancer

Quoting Bmat:

It is a terribly scary time.  I hope it is benign. If it isn't, then there are treatments.  She is in my prayers. Please keep us updated.

Bmat
by Platinum Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 7:08 PM

Thank you for the update. Did she have any liver symptoms? What treatment is recommended?  She remains in my prayers.

Bookoholic
by Silver Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 8:08 PM
She has to go back to the doctors after the holidays for more testing

Quoting Bmat:

Thank you for the update. Did she have any liver symptoms? What treatment is recommended?  She remains in my prayers.

Bmat
by Platinum Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 8:10 PM

((hugs))  I am thinking about you both and hoping and praying for the best.

Quoting Bookoholic: She has to go back to the doctors after the holidays for more testing

Quoting Bmat:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)