Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Today is exciting..

Posted by on Dec. 24, 2013 at 7:52 AM
  • 40 Replies
1 mom liked this

Merry Christmas Eve, ladies :)

We're going to my parents for Christmas dinner tonight, and even though I have protested from day 1......it looks like my kids will be opening gifts tonight (I don't like it because they're going to have to go to bed as soon as we get home and they're going to fight me to stay up and play with new things).

We bought my boys Disney Infinity characters and power disks. I was going to tell them that I bought those because Uncle Stanley said we could borrow Caleb's game some, as long as we had accessories for it, so they wouldn't be confused when they got the accessories for a game they didn't have. BUT, my brother bought them the game, so they'll be getting that tonight (and they'll be sad because they won't have more things than what it comes with..lol).

My dad bought them tablets...all THREE of them, yeah...even my 15 month old (I tried to get him to get her a LeapPad2 or LeapPad Ultra instead, but he just got her a regular tablet). But they're all going to love them the most of anything they get, I bet.

And my grandma got cases to put them in. They have stylus pens in their stockings, so now they won't wonder WHY they got them, lol.

I'm pretty excited about one of my Dirty Santa gifts too. I'm going to fight for it so I get to keep it (I would have just bought myself one, but there was only one left in the whole store, lol.)....It's a Charlie Brown tree!

And tonight when we get home...hot chocolate, cookies, and new PJS for the kids...and we'll watch a Christmas movie.

Any one else have exciting plans for today?

by on Dec. 24, 2013 at 7:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrseoc
by on Dec. 24, 2013 at 8:00 AM

YAY! Merry Christmas to you as well!!!

We woke up this morning and my 21 month old says "it's time for christmas!" We looked out side and it had snowed. Yesterday we baked cookies for my mom's house, and some for my dad who lives in a nursing home. Going to visit them both today, then it's home to build the christmas presants Santa has for my daughter.

This morning we did my family's tradition of opening one presant. I put aside one for my DD so she wouldnt see the haul. My husband got Pj's and a disney movie to watch with DD (pjs for her too) and DD got a Mr Potato head.

I'm not gonna get my hopes up too high as they might be dashed since my christmas's always have a way of going sour.,... but i feel a very merry christmas for our family is in the works!!!!!

katiebug840204
by Gold Member on Dec. 24, 2013 at 8:02 AM
No plans. Hubby has to work all day.
IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Dec. 24, 2013 at 8:08 AM

I hope everything goes well!

Santa has two scooters and a table and chairs set to put together and set up here. Everything else is already wrapped. :)

Quoting Mrseoc:

YAY! Merry Christmas to you as well!!!

We woke up this morning and my 21 month old says "it's time for christmas!" We looked out side and it had snowed. Yesterday we baked cookies for my mom's house, and some for my dad who lives in a nursing home. Going to visit them both today, then it's home to build the christmas presants Santa has for my daughter.

This morning we did my family's tradition of opening one presant. I put aside one for my DD so she wouldnt see the haul. My husband got Pj's and a disney movie to watch with DD (pjs for her too) and DD got a Mr Potato head.

I'm not gonna get my hopes up too high as they might be dashed since my christmas's always have a way of going sour.,... but i feel a very merry christmas for our family is in the works!!!!!

IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Dec. 24, 2013 at 8:10 AM

DH is supposed to only work until 1:00.

I'll rephrase that, company owner wants the store open ALL day today, but if it's not busy, store manager is locking the doors at 1:00. He had them all go in an hour early because they have some things (cleaning wise) that have to be done before they can lock up and DH has three truck loads of things he has to deliver today.

Quoting katiebug840204: No plans. Hubby has to work all day.

strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Dec. 24, 2013 at 8:15 AM
Cleaning all day then company at 6:30
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Dec. 24, 2013 at 8:17 AM

Have fun!

I have some cleaning to get done too, and a little cooking.

Quoting strictmomhere: Cleaning all day then company at 6:30

katiebug840204
by Gold Member on Dec. 24, 2013 at 8:22 AM
My husband does water damage restoration. He is usually on call 24-7. He managed to get tomorrow off call because he was on call for Thanksgiving. But he is still on call until midnight tonight. His demanding hours really suck sometimes.

Quoting IncognitoOne:

DH is supposed to only work until 1:00.

I'll rephrase that, company owner wants the store open ALL day today, but if it's not busy, store manager is locking the doors at 1:00. He had them all go in an hour early because they have some things (cleaning wise) that have to be done before they can lock up and DH has three truck loads of things he has to deliver today.

Quoting katiebug840204: No plans. Hubby has to work all day.

imthatgirl0607
by Member on Dec. 24, 2013 at 8:25 AM
Ill just be cleaning all day, then we go to my sils for chinese food later.

There will be a yankee swap, but we don do real gifts until tomorrow.
IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Dec. 24, 2013 at 8:27 AM

I know the feeling. DH was doing mechanic work for a company that is for hire by AAA. Meaning when the trucks broke down, he had to go wherever they were. And two of the trucks broke constantly...and of course, those are the ones that ended up leaving NC and breaking down in FL and places like that. He had to go out at least 4 nights like that and would be gone for 36-48hours at a time.

Quoting katiebug840204: My husband does water damage restoration. He is usually on call 24-7. He managed to get tomorrow off call because he was on call for Thanksgiving. But he is still on call until midnight tonight. His demanding hours really suck sometimes.

Quoting IncognitoOne:

IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Dec. 24, 2013 at 8:32 AM

I wanted to hold off on the gifts until tomorrow too. But it seems like my brother has come up with everything possible to get out of going to see our parents tomorrow at all. Spending all day with his wife's family, and only two hours with his own tonight.

One of these days, he'll regret it. For 8 years, I let my family take backseat to DH's and it's backfired. I'm still treated like a dog, along with my kids and DH. He wants them to like him and his family so bad, but honestly, since he was born, they've only wanted him if it benefits them. He lived with his grandparents until they passed away and all. Last year and this year, we've told THEM when we have time to see them on Holidays. It's made us both happier, lol.

Quoting imthatgirl0607: Ill just be cleaning all day, then we go to my sils for chinese food later.

There will be a yankee swap, but we don do real gifts until tomorrow.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN