Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Merry Christmas Eve, ladies :)

We're going to my parents for Christmas dinner tonight, and even though I have protested from day 1......it looks like my kids will be opening gifts tonight (I don't like it because they're going to have to go to bed as soon as we get home and they're going to fight me to stay up and play with new things).

We bought my boys Disney Infinity characters and power disks. I was going to tell them that I bought those because Uncle Stanley said we could borrow Caleb's game some, as long as we had accessories for it, so they wouldn't be confused when they got the accessories for a game they didn't have. BUT, my brother bought them the game, so they'll be getting that tonight (and they'll be sad because they won't have more things than what it comes with..lol).

My dad bought them tablets...all THREE of them, yeah...even my 15 month old (I tried to get him to get her a LeapPad2 or LeapPad Ultra instead, but he just got her a regular tablet). But they're all going to love them the most of anything they get, I bet.

And my grandma got cases to put them in. They have stylus pens in their stockings, so now they won't wonder WHY they got them, lol.

I'm pretty excited about one of my Dirty Santa gifts too. I'm going to fight for it so I get to keep it (I would have just bought myself one, but there was only one left in the whole store, lol.)....It's a Charlie Brown tree!

And tonight when we get home...hot chocolate, cookies, and new PJS for the kids...and we'll watch a Christmas movie.

Any one else have exciting plans for today?

by on Dec. 24, 2013 at 7:52 AM
Replies (11-20):
imthatgirl0607
by Member on Dec. 24, 2013 at 8:40 AM
Maybe your brother has a good reason to spend more time there.

For the last 15 years i have had to listen to my husbands sister bitch about us eating dinner and spending all holidays with my family( we would always stop by his families house at some point in the day). Honestly its why i cant stand his sister. She cant see past herself and realize there are reasons we do that.

Quoting IncognitoOne:

I wanted to hold off on the gifts until tomorrow too. But it seems like my brother has come up with everything possible to get out of going to see our parents tomorrow at all. Spending all day with his wife's family, and only two hours with his own tonight.

One of these days, he'll regret it. For 8 years, I let my family take backseat to DH's and it's backfired. I'm still treated like a dog, along with my kids and DH. He wants them to like him and his family so bad, but honestly, since he was born, they've only wanted him if it benefits them. He lived with his grandparents until they passed away and all. Last year and this year, we've told THEM when we have time to see them on Holidays. It's made us both happier, lol.

Quoting imthatgirl0607: Ill just be cleaning all day, then we go to my sils for chinese food later.

There will be a yankee swap, but we don do real gifts until tomorrow.

IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Dec. 24, 2013 at 8:48 AM

Nope. He's like me, he can't stand his in-laws. And she doesn't really care for her family either.

My dad's health is touch and go, we don't have very long left with him...and they don't see my parents at ALL unless they're dropping their kids off with them at least every other weekend and leaving. He doesn't even call our parents at ALL unless it's "Hey, can you keep my kids all weekend?"

I've never fussed about him not spending time with them. I did blow my top and scream at him for leaving his kids with my parents twice because he dropped them off both times the day my mom came home from the hospital after major surgeries and didn't even call to see if she was able to handle them..FOUR days and nights both times without even checking on her or them.

Quoting imthatgirl0607: Maybe your brother has a good reason to spend more time there.

For the last 15 years i have had to listen to my husbands sister bitch about us eating dinner and spending all holidays with my family( we would always stop by his families house at some point in the day). Honestly its why i cant stand his sister. She cant see past herself and realize there are reasons we do that.

imthatgirl0607
by Member on Dec. 24, 2013 at 8:51 AM
So they both dont like her family yet they spend all their time there.

There is obviously something you're missing, lol.

Quoting IncognitoOne:

Nope. He's like me, he can't stand his in-laws. And she doesn't really care for her family either.

My dad's health is touch and go, we don't have very long left with him...and they don't see my parents at ALL unless they're dropping their kids off with them at least every other weekend and leaving. He doesn't even call our parents at ALL unless it's "Hey, can you keep my kids all weekend?"

I've never fussed about him not spending time with them. I did blow my top and scream at him for leaving his kids with my parents twice because he dropped them off both times the day my mom came home from the hospital after major surgeries and didn't even call to see if she was able to handle them..FOUR days and nights both times without even checking on her or them.

Quoting imthatgirl0607: Maybe your brother has a good reason to spend more time there.

IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Dec. 24, 2013 at 9:02 AM

Nope. Because it was the same with DH and I. Neither of his like his family, yet every time they said "jump," he'd do it. So of course, if they "wanted" him around, he was there.

I guess SIL is the same with her family. She's always been the one craving the attention like DH has been, so when they "want" her around, she wants to be there.

It's just holidays though, they only want her around on holidays....same with DH's family. They only WANT him around on holidays, unless something's broken and they need him to fix it so they don't have to pay someone an arm and a leg to do it for them.

Quoting imthatgirl0607: So they both dont like her family yet they spend all their time there.

imthatgirl0607
by Member on Dec. 24, 2013 at 9:03 AM

ok, I'm just saying you sound a lot like my annoying sil. 

Quoting IncognitoOne:

Nope. Because it was the same with DH and I. Neither of his like his family, yet every time they said "jump," he'd do it. So of course, if they "wanted" him around, he was there.

I guess SIL is the same with her family. She's always been the one craving the attention like DH has been, so when they "want" her around, she wants to be there.

It's just holidays though, they only want her around on holidays....same with DH's family. They only WANT him around on holidays, unless something's broken and they need him to fix it so they don't have to pay someone an arm and a leg to do it for them.

Quoting imthatgirl0607: So they both dont like her family yet they spend all their time there.

IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Dec. 24, 2013 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this

It's something you'll never know unless you're there to see.

Like I said, I've never said anything to either of them about it. I let it be. They'll have to deal with it one day.

Quoting imthatgirl0607:

ok, I'm just saying you sound a lot like my annoying sil. 

Quoting IncognitoOne:

dingysfamily
by on Dec. 24, 2013 at 9:32 AM

If dd ever gets up I want to go get my nails done & get her a mani; then go to Michaels.  Tonight is our Christmas Eve service at church and dd is singing in the choir and then we're going over to our oldest dd's house to take her family their gifts.

IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Dec. 24, 2013 at 9:34 AM

Sounds like fun :)

I hope she does great singing tonight. Have fun!

Quoting dingysfamily:

If dd ever gets up I want to go get my nails done & get her a mani; then go to Michaels.  Tonight is our Christmas Eve service at church and dd is singing in the choir and then we're going over to our oldest dd's house to take her family their gifts.

happyolechimp
by Member on Dec. 24, 2013 at 10:04 AM
im joyous to hear this Christmas event for you and family....
it's just my husband and me...we're gettin older and no one much cares about us...
i choose not to be sad tho...i stay low key as possible...and am happy for others... ;-)
IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Dec. 24, 2013 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Awe. I hope you and your husband have a great Christmas.

Quoting happyolechimp: im joyous to hear this Christmas event for you and family....
it's just my husband and me...we're gettin older and no one much cares about us...
i choose not to be sad tho...i stay low key as possible...and am happy for others... ;-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)