Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Merry Christmas Eve, ladies :)

We're going to my parents for Christmas dinner tonight, and even though I have protested from day 1......it looks like my kids will be opening gifts tonight (I don't like it because they're going to have to go to bed as soon as we get home and they're going to fight me to stay up and play with new things).

We bought my boys Disney Infinity characters and power disks. I was going to tell them that I bought those because Uncle Stanley said we could borrow Caleb's game some, as long as we had accessories for it, so they wouldn't be confused when they got the accessories for a game they didn't have. BUT, my brother bought them the game, so they'll be getting that tonight (and they'll be sad because they won't have more things than what it comes with..lol).

My dad bought them tablets...all THREE of them, yeah...even my 15 month old (I tried to get him to get her a LeapPad2 or LeapPad Ultra instead, but he just got her a regular tablet). But they're all going to love them the most of anything they get, I bet.

And my grandma got cases to put them in. They have stylus pens in their stockings, so now they won't wonder WHY they got them, lol.

I'm pretty excited about one of my Dirty Santa gifts too. I'm going to fight for it so I get to keep it (I would have just bought myself one, but there was only one left in the whole store, lol.)....It's a Charlie Brown tree!

And tonight when we get home...hot chocolate, cookies, and new PJS for the kids...and we'll watch a Christmas movie.

Any one else have exciting plans for today?

by on Dec. 24, 2013 at 7:52 AM
Replies (21-30):
katiebug840204
by Gold Member on Dec. 24, 2013 at 1:09 PM
Thankful for jobs....but man they suck sometimes!

Quoting IncognitoOne:

I know the feeling. DH was doing mechanic work for a company that is for hire by AAA. Meaning when the trucks broke down, he had to go wherever they were. And two of the trucks broke constantly...and of course, those are the ones that ended up leaving NC and breaking down in FL and places like that. He had to go out at least 4 nights like that and would be gone for 36-48hours at a time.

Quoting katiebug840204: My husband does water damage restoration. He is usually on call 24-7. He managed to get tomorrow off call because he was on call for Thanksgiving. But he is still on call until midnight tonight. His demanding hours really suck sometimes.

Quoting IncognitoOne:

IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Dec. 24, 2013 at 1:10 PM

I know. DH isn't getting off until 3 now. He was supposed to be off by 1.

Quoting katiebug840204: Thankful for jobs....but man they suck sometimes!

Quoting IncognitoOne:

I know the feeling. DH was doing mechanic work for a company that is for hire by AAA. Meaning when the trucks broke down, he had to go wherever they were. And two of the trucks broke constantly...and of course, those are the ones that ended up leaving NC and breaking down in FL and places like that. He had to go out at least 4 nights like that and would be gone for 36-48hours at a time.

Quoting katiebug840204: My husband does water damage restoration. He is usually on call 24-7. He managed to get tomorrow off call because he was on call for Thanksgiving. But he is still on call until midnight tonight. His demanding hours really suck sometimes.

Quoting IncognitoOne:

katiebug840204
by Gold Member on Dec. 24, 2013 at 1:12 PM
Hopefully hubby will be home by 6 like normal and won't get a job in at the last minute!

Hope your husband is really home by 3:00!

Quoting IncognitoOne:

I know. DH isn't getting off until 3 now. He was supposed to be off by 1.

Quoting katiebug840204: Thankful for jobs....but man they suck sometimes!

Quoting IncognitoOne:

Quoting IncognitoOne:

DEJavu17
by on Dec. 24, 2013 at 1:38 PM

Cleaning while DH works, then decorating our tree. After that we are off to Christmas Eve church services, then home to get the kiddies in bed for Santas arrival. DH and I will wait for Santa, then go to bed. Probably have some Christmas nookie, then sleep. My brother will be arriving sometime after 5am to surprise my kids for Christmas morning :)

IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Dec. 24, 2013 at 1:53 PM

Oh. What a sweet surprise! My kiddos love their uncle, lol.

Quoting DEJavu17:

Cleaning while DH works, then decorating our tree. After that we are off to Christmas Eve church services, then home to get the kiddies in bed for Santas arrival. DH and I will wait for Santa, then go to bed. Probably have some Christmas nookie, then sleep. My brother will be arriving sometime after 5am to surprise my kids for Christmas morning :)

Mommy4-27-08
by Bronze Member on Dec. 24, 2013 at 1:54 PM
1 mom liked this
We care and we wish you a Merry Christmas. :-)

Quoting happyolechimp: im joyous to hear this Christmas event for you and family....

it's just my husband and me...we're gettin older and no one much cares about us...

i choose not to be sad tho...i stay low key as possible...and am happy for others... ;-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:16 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Dec. 24, 2013 at 1:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like a wondderful day!
Enjoy it all :)

wreath

IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Dec. 24, 2013 at 2:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I hope so too!

I hope your husband gets to come home and stay home too :)

Quoting katiebug840204: Hopefully hubby will be home by 6 like normal and won't get a job in at the last minute!

Hope your husband is really home by 3:00!

DEJavu17
by on Dec. 24, 2013 at 2:18 PM
1 mom liked this

The kids have no idea he is coming :) He has to work til 2:30 am, then is driving 2 hours to get to my house before my kids wake up. We've been planning this for weeks!

Quoting IncognitoOne:

Oh. What a sweet surprise! My kiddos love their uncle, lol.

Quoting DEJavu17:

happyolechimp
by Member on Dec. 24, 2013 at 3:54 PM
well..how nice of you hun to take the time to say that..
amd a very Merry Christmas to you too!
thanx lots O:-)

Quoting Mommy4-27-08: We care and we wish you a Merry Christmas. :-)

Quoting happyolechimp: im joyous to hear this Christmas event for you and family....

it's just my husband and me...we're gettin older and no one much cares about us...

i choose not to be sad tho...i stay low key as possible...and am happy for others... ;-)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)