Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

American Girl Doll .

Posted by on Dec. 25, 2013 at 8:41 PM
Lyn
  • 24 Replies

So we are going to buy my daughter her first American Doll in February for her birthday. I have subscribe to American Girl website.Also get the catalog. Does anyone have any tips on saving money? Does American Girl ever give out coupons or have sales on their dolls? Thanks!!

by on Dec. 25, 2013 at 8:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PeppermintyTea
by Bronze Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 9:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I occasionally get email deals (rarely), or coupons at the store put in my bag. I'd say the best bet is to buy the AG doll, but get some off brand accessories. Amazon also sometimes has AG stuff for less.
alexsmomaubrys2
by Platinum Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 9:16 PM
1 mom liked this

How old is your daughter? She seems really young to be getting such an expensive doll.

Have you thought about starting out with a My Generations Doll from Target to see how she takes care of it. 

RKL10
by Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 9:19 PM
1 mom liked this
My mom bought me an American girl doll but the look a like one and I honestly never played with it and I was even like 8 when I got it haha but my mom still has it so I guess it's a good thing if my girl ever goes through that phase I'll just give her that one haha
NDADanceMom
by on Dec. 25, 2013 at 9:31 PM
1 mom liked this

ive seen sales on clothes but not the doll

SoKamele
by Silver Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 9:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Got one for my niece. Jill's deals..steals...or something like that. $50. A friend saw the deal and bought 2...one for me and one for her granddaughter...They were 60 percent off.

I also got her the MyGeneration doll for her birthday.

mommyofgirl1974
by Lyn on Dec. 25, 2013 at 10:01 PM
1 mom liked this

She will be 7 in February. We bought her a Our generation doll from Target last year. She carries that doll everywhere and is careful with it. She has been saving her chore money and  her christmas money from  family members. She has enough now.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

How old is your daughter? She seems really young to be getting such an expensive doll.

Have you thought about starting out with a My Generations Doll from Target to see how she takes care of it. 

mommyofgirl1974
by Lyn on Dec. 25, 2013 at 10:02 PM

Thanks for all the replies ladies!!

srehman
by on Dec. 25, 2013 at 11:25 PM
1 mom liked this
We bought the Dollie and me doll this year! We will see how they do with these dolls and then maybe next year they can have an American girl doll!
My oldest said her Lucy will sleep with her! So sweet! (They are 6 and 3).
This is a perfect ideA!

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Cafe Robin
by Group Owner on Dec. 26, 2013 at 8:10 AM
1 mom liked this
You may want to check eBay. I haven't seen any sales through the AG store.
kellysp6637
by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 8:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Last year I got a bunch of outfits on their black friday sale for a great deal.  Sometimes they have package deals on dolls too.

I bought my now 10 year old one last Christmas because she really really wanted one....she played with it for two weeks and it nows sits in her closet.  Biggest waste of almost $200 that I ever spent.  Plus I have a gift card for the store someone bought her still. 

If you have a dd that's in to dolls, it's wonderful....I knew this would happen as my dd is NOT a doll girl.  (I never was either) so I understand it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN