Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How old is too old?

Posted by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 1:04 PM
  • 44 Replies

For diapers?  I started potty training all 3 of my kiddos at 2.  By the time they were 3 we were done training...no accidents, no overntes..nothing...I saw this on Facebook.

So if he can cook his own food shouldn't he be able to poop in a toilet?

thoughts??

by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 1:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
1stpreggers
by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 1:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Lmao ! He probably changes his own diapers. Imo By 2 they should be potty trained.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColieO
by I Rock on Dec. 26, 2013 at 1:06 PM
3 moms liked this
He might have a disability.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
strawberryLVR
by Gold Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 1:33 PM

all my kids were about 3.5 when they finally got potty training 100%. But it was fast once they decided. I always try before that but the more you force it the more they retaliate. age 4 is pushing it for diapers for sure.

RheaF
by Sweet Insanity on Dec. 26, 2013 at 3:19 PM
1 mom liked this

He looks maybe 3 1/2-4? Maybe there is a reason he is in a diaper? Maybe, just maybe....it is not your place to judge when a child "should" be potty trained?

Both of mine were around 3, I do not believe in pushing a child too early,or spending countless hours(and headaches and messes) "training". I waited until they were ready and capable and both kids were in underware, no accidents within a few days.

Andylund
by Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 3:25 PM
Sadly I my bil has a boy who is in dipper she is 10 and it's just cuse he dosnt wanna go in a potty (he has no rules) I hate it and no longer talk to them
Lilfootmommy
by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 3:27 PM
My niece is 9 and still wears diapers, but thats because shes lazy
Scarpetta71
by Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 3:44 PM

I guess it really does depend on the child, but I think 3 .. I know a few 4 year old that are still in them and Its laziness on the parents part. 

bakerytreatz16
by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 3:47 PM
I'm not sure. Our twenty month old just started potty training and is doing pretty well. Although she's not very fond of pooping in it lol yesterday I told her that if she kept pooping in her panties they wouldn't be pretty big girl panties. She then decided to poop in the potty... The only child I know that wasnt potty trained by 3 was my brother but he's severely autistic and now at 12 he still has a toddlers mentality..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
we-r-up-to-4
by Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 3:52 PM
Many boys are not nighttime potty trained. It could be that he got up made breakfast then took it off. My son (7) doesn't wake up at night so he's still in them. Of course our rule is that he has to shower and change before coming down for breakfast.
m.garcia21
by Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 4:01 PM
I dont believe in forcing them but four is definetly pushing them
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)