Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What would you do?

Posted by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 5:18 PM
  • 5 Replies

I have little brothers and sister who get pushed over by their cousins all the time. Over their toys and candy. I had recently moved out and when I came to visit and help babysit I realized my cousins had gotten worse in taking over on my siblings items. I've noticed they don't speak up or anything. What would you do?

by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 5:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
dbush0584
by Silver Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 5:30 PM

Speak up for them.....

Scarpetta71
by Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 6:11 PM

Quoting dbush0584:

Speak up for them.....

Yeah this.

IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Dec. 27, 2013 at 9:56 AM

Agree

Quoting dbush0584:

Speak up for them.....

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 10:30 AM
1 mom liked this

I'd arrange to talk with your siblings alone and ask them why they allow this behavior from their cousins and suggest ways they can stop the behavior. Maybe some role play, both where you pretend to be the cousins and where you pretend to be your siblings.  Having them handle the problem would be better than your trying to stop the behavior by talking to the cousins.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:46 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 7:46 PM

This .. how old are your siblings?

Quoting Bmat:

I'd arrange to talk with your siblings alone and ask them why they allow this behavior from their cousins and suggest ways they can stop the behavior. Maybe some role play, both where you pretend to be the cousins and where you pretend to be your siblings.  Having them handle the problem would be better than your trying to stop the behavior by talking to the cousins.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)