Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
My family and I went into a Game Stop today to buy some games. While my hubs and I were in line I overheard a young couple and the lady said, "But what about groceries?! " He then went on to buy $60 worth of games while his family seemingly needed food!! The lady just walked out of the store very upset. I would have livid!
by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 7:41 PM
Replies (11-20):
RobinMarie
by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 8:37 PM

That is awful but I'm sure it happens alot. Sad.

sissyboogs
by Katie on Dec. 26, 2013 at 8:38 PM

Not the point at all, but our Game Stop is across from Wal-Mart...

Quoting Hottmomma607:

Sounds weird! Game stops are not any places near food stores,so she went all the way to Game Stop with him&they needed groceries? I can't began to understand or explain people's need for thrills before bills!

Dang we still got Christmas dinner leftovers.

shrugging

IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Dec. 27, 2013 at 9:50 AM

I'm so glad my husband isn't a gamer.

My brother is, and wants his son to do the same. He and his wife sold some land, and the FIRST thing they did was went out and bought their son a new PS3, a new tv, new tv stand, Disney Infinity and all of the characters and power disks they currently have out. Then preordered himself a PS4 and a crap ton of games.

Now, if he were going to even TRY to be smart about spending money, the kid's TV he had was perfectly fine and less than a year old..along with the tv stand he had. He could have NOT bought another PS3..only to sell the one he had for cheap and just given that PS3 to his son when he got his PS4, and given the kid the game and those $100s worth of accessories (the characters, you can get all for $130 if you buy them together, he didn't want to wait for them to ship, so he paid a ton more and got them all separately) for Christmas instead of giving it all to him just 2 months before.

What is sad, all of that stuff he got himself and his son....I asked his daughter what she got, "A Hello Kitty hat." I asked SIL if that really was all they bought her when they bought all of that for him and she said, "Yeah."

Favoritism much? I mean, they DO have the money to do all of that and still feed their family, but it's ridiculous. My husband would be sleeping under the porch if he tried anything like that.

MaseyA
by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 10:59 AM
WOW!

Quoting IncognitoOne:

My brother is, and wants his son to do the same. He and his wife sold some land, and the FIRST thing they did was went out and bought their son a new PS3, a new tv, new tv stand, Disney Infinity and all of the characters and power disks they currently have out. Then preordered himself a PS4 and a crap ton of games.

Now, if he were going to even TRY to be smart about spending money, the kid's TV he had was perfectly fine and less than a year old..along with the tv stand he had. He could have NOT bought another PS3..only to sell the one he had for cheap and just given that PS3 to his son when he got his PS4, and given the kid the game and those $100s worth of accessories (the characters, you can get all for $130 if you buy them together, he didn't want to wait for them to ship, so he paid a ton more and got them all separately) for Christmas instead of giving it all to him just 2 months before.

What is sad, all of that stuff he got himself and his son....I asked his daughter what she got, "A Hello Kitty hat." I asked SIL if that really was all they bought her when they bought all of that for him and she said, "Yeah."

Favoritism much? I mean, they DO have the money to do all of that and still feed their family, but it's ridiculous. My husband would be sleeping under the porch if he tried anything like that.

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Dec. 28, 2013 at 5:50 AM

Ditto

Quoting MandaMom23:

sounds like some messed up priorities there

lapcounter
by Super Mom on Dec. 28, 2013 at 5:52 AM
Not surprised by the way today's society is. She will probably spend many miserable years with the loser.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
othermom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 11:04 AM

That is messed up

othermom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 11:14 AM

It is here too. You just have to go across the street.

Quoting sissyboogs:

Not the point at all, but our Game Stop is across from Wal-Mart...

Quoting Hottmomma607:

Sounds weird! Game stops are not any places near food stores,so she went all the way to Game Stop with him&they needed groceries? I can't began to understand or explain people's need for thrills before bills!

Dang we still got Christmas dinner leftovers.

shrugging

A-nony-mous
by Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 4:44 PM

I'm not going to assume because very few people are going to actually buy luxuries and let themselves go hungry because being genuinely hungry is very very unpleasant and painful. Maybe he already had bought groceries and she didn't know it, maybe he had enough and she'd simply been nagging him for more, maybe they have more money coming in from elsewhere that she doesn't know about. A lot of women just bitch the moment one red cent gets anywhere near a video game and then just find excuses to whine about that aren't even legitimate. 

diaperstodating
by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 4:49 PM
That's sad. How old is she? How old is your nephew.

Quoting IncognitoOne:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN