Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
My family and I went into a Game Stop today to buy some games. While my hubs and I were in line I overheard a young couple and the lady said, "But what about groceries?! " He then went on to buy $60 worth of games while his family seemingly needed food!! The lady just walked out of the store very upset. I would have livid!
by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 7:41 PM
Replies (31-40):
Homeschoolmom99
by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 9:57 PM

Where do you live? In Glendale mall the game stop is near Target so yes he could have bought some food there! And I am guessing if games are his first thought then Christmas dinner wasn't high on his list!

Quoting Hottmomma607:

Sounds weird! Game stops are not any places near food stores,so she went all the way to Game Stop with him&they needed groceries? I can't began to understand or explain people's need for thrills before bills!

Dang we still got Christmas dinner leftovers.

shrugging

kellysp6637
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 7:46 AM

Yikes......that's so incredibly sad. 

needadvice1983
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:32 PM
Quoting Hottmomma607:

Sounds weird! Game stops are not any places near food stores,so she went all the way to Game Stop with him&they needed groceries? I can't began to understand or explain people's need for thrills before bills!

shrugging

Our Game Stop is right next door to a grocery store and a Super Target. So maybe hers is close to groceries. I would be more than livid if my DH knowingly spent our food money on videogames. He would come home to find all of his systems had been sold to pay for what we actually needed!
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:07 PM
Point has been lost! LOL
If I was in that situation I wouldn't even walked into the Game Stop no matter where it was located. That is my whole point to this.
Well in OP she was knowledgeable that he did b/c she was with him. *shrugs* LOL
People need to be responsible.

Quoting needadvice1983: Quoting Hottmomma607: Sounds weird! Game stops are not any places near food stores,so she went all the way to Game Stop with him&they needed groceries? I can't began to understand or explain people's need for thrills before bills!Dang we still got Christmas dinner leftovers.

Our Game Stop is right next door to a grocery store and a Super Target. So maybe hers is close to groceries. I would be more than livid if my DH knowingly spent our food money on videogames. He would come home to find all of his systems had been sold to pay for what we actually needed!
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:12 PM
I live in Washington state. We have many Game Stop all over. Some are not where food is located. Most are in Malls.
My whole point was WHY did she knowingly go into the Game Stop with him? Iam not saying he isn't an ass? But no way in the hell if that was me I wouldn't even entertain that notion. KWIM?

Quoting Homeschoolmom99:

Where do you live? In Glendale mall the game stop is near Target so yes he could have bought some food there! And I am guessing if games are his first thought then Christmas dinner wasn't high on his list!

Quoting Hottmomma607:

shrugging

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:15 PM
EXACTLY!
Why would he go in the store?

Quoting godsgirl26:

Oh heck nah, My husband wouldn't even think twice to do some stupid crap like that. That is so irresponsible.

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:16 PM
Yes sad but if I was her I wouldn't even walked into the store.

Quoting auntangelofsix: O wow poor lady n family i would of walked out the store too.

Joanie364
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:08 PM

I can sympathize. After years of stuggling my DH finally got a job with a steady income, or so I thought. His hours have been cut back so if he gets no hours in a week he gets no paycheck. I know he doesn't like his boss so I asked him  if he was looking for another job. He said no. We can't live on a $46.00 paycheck. That doesn't even cover our smallest bill yet alone our morgage. When he isn't working he is playing computer games and his son bought him a new one for Christmas. Just what he needed, great......We can not live on my disability check and I have cashed in everything I can. I don't know what I could do or say to get him off his butt. He's a computer junky.

MaryLu86
by Mary on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:50 PM
Wow, I can't believe anyone would choose a game over feeding their family.
withsecond
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:53 PM
Wow. I would not stay with a man that put gaming above his family eating. Fuck that.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)