Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Stunned!

Posted by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 7:41 PM
  • 42 Replies
My family and I went into a Game Stop today to buy some games. While my hubs and I were in line I overheard a young couple and the lady said, "But what about groceries?! " He then went on to buy $60 worth of games while his family seemingly needed food!! The lady just walked out of the store very upset. I would have livid!
by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 7:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MandaMom23
by Bronze Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 7:43 PM
1 mom liked this

sounds like some messed up priorities there

MaseyA
by New Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 7:46 PM
My hubs said, she needed to just keep on walking.
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Dec. 26, 2013 at 7:47 PM

Sounds weird! Game stops are not any places near food stores,so she went all the way to Game Stop with him&they needed groceries? I can't began to understand or explain people's need for thrills before bills!

Dang we still got Christmas dinner leftovers.

shrugging*edited* Ok my point is lost somewhere? lol Let me make it clear my point is NOT where the Game stop is I don't give two flying sh*ts if it was in the middle of a grocery store. Why did the woman go into Game Stop,no matter where its located(the ones I've paid attention are in the malls,thats what first came to my mind I'm sure its different in other areas?)and watch him pick up a games and then buy? Simple question? I was curious.

I don't pay attention to Game Stops I don't frequent there DH&DS goes like the ones I said I know of are in the malls oh one inside of The Exchange. I don't make a mental note of GS. I am not excusing this "man's" behavior,etc. but in common sense would say,I would have NOT walked into that store if I was that woman. IJS.

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 7:49 PM

I feel sorry for the young woman.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:17 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 7:49 PM

Wow!  Speechless
::gasp::

donnadea
by Bronze Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 7:54 PM

sounds like 1 of my X's.

I was like um... groceries and diapers dude??

Leave me alone I have to have this new game... thats 1 of the many reasons he is an X

momofsixangels
by Ruby Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 7:54 PM

What a jerk!

caligirl7613
by Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 7:58 PM
1 mom liked this
our game stop is right next to walmart......

op i have to wonder if that was possibly my x husband........

Quoting Hottmomma607:

Sounds weird! Game stops are not any places near food stores,so she went all the way to Game Stop with him&they needed groceries? I can't began to understand or explain people's need for thrills before bills!

shrugging

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Dec. 26, 2013 at 8:01 PM

Ours in shopping centers,malls.

Quoting caligirl7613: our game stop is right next to walmart......

op i have to wonder if that was possibly my x husband........
sidesplittinglaughter

Quoting Hottmomma607:

shrugging

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Dec. 26, 2013 at 8:04 PM

Quoting momofsixangels:

What a jerk!

I wouldn't have even went into that store if I was in that situation. I would have happily beat him to the grocery store,made my purchases and then when he had tried to buy games declined! Or whatever the situation is? Because I'm guessing they had money for one or not the other? Or maybe he was cutting into their grocery budget?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)