Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Help with Convertible Car seats!!!!! Edit In red!!

Posted by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 1:46 AM
  • 11 Replies

I am looking for a Convertible Car seat that has a Handle and a base for UNDER $80 if possible!! My sister is going to buy it for me and I want to keep it under that because she is doing that for me!!! Any Idea's???? PLEASE help!! I have looked on Wal-mart and Kmart online and none of the convertibles look like they have a base nor a Handle...

Thank you in advance!!!!

I would ALSO be happy with a Infant car seat that has a base and handle if it would rear face longer... Like to 30-40lbs!! any Help there? Since I'm pretty sure Converts don't have those things!! LOL

CafeMom Tickers
by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 1:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ThatSmittyGirl
by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 1:51 AM

Tough one. Here's a bump for you.

The one we have doesn't have a base/handle. We got it at Walmart for $40.

proudmommy690
by Platinum Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 1:53 AM
I dont think convertible car seats have handles...only the infant seats.
indianamom1985
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 1:54 AM

I fear it is not possble... I would also be happy with a Infant seat that would Rear Face longer (up to 30-40lbs) for under $80 but I'm having a hard time finding that... we only have 26 days til my C-section so I gotta find the one I want SOON!! LOL

Quoting ThatSmittyGirl:

Tough one. Here's a bump for you.

The one we have doesn't have a base/handle. We got it at Walmart for $40.

CafeMom Tickers
indianamom1985
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 1:55 AM

I was starting to figure as much!! LOL Thank you tho!

Quoting proudmommy690: I dont think convertible car seats have handles...only the infant seats.

CafeMom Tickers
Infinitex3
by Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 2:09 AM

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007TD9JC6/ref=as_li_tf_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B007TD9JC6&linkCode=as2&tag=carseaforth0b-20

cowgirlsmommy
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 9:11 AM
Convertible car seats do not have handles and bases. Only infant seats. There are infant seats with higher rf'ing limits but they're usually outgrown by height first. You're also not going to find much in that price range. This is your best bet...

http://www.walmart.com/msharbor/ip/Safety-1st-onBoard-35-Infant-Car-Seat-Orion-Blue/17235927
cowgirlsmommy
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 9:13 AM
1 mom liked this
And not to be rude but there is a lot to know about car seats. It sounds like you need to start learning very quickly before your baby gets here.
MissMia22
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 10:50 AM
1 mom liked this
Walmart has the evenflo embrace 35 it is an infant seat that goes to 35#
gregheather
by Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this

The tallest infant seat with highest weight limit is the Safety 1st OnBoard which can be found for around $80 if you look.

xtwistedxlovex
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Graco SnugRide is a rearfacing-only infant seat that goes up to 30lbs or 30", whichever comes first. It's ~$60. Evenflo Embrace goes to 35lbs, 30" and is $80. We had an Embrace when DS was younger and liked it, but getting the cover off for cleaning was a nightmare.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN