Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Desperate for advice

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:04 AM
  • 6 Replies
Hello, I need desperate help with getting a divorce and child support from my husband whom I suspect is in t.j. Mexico with the girlfriend he cheated on me with. I have 3 kids, 1 is disabled. I had to move to TX because of his infidelity and now I feel stuck in this non-exists ting marriage. I have no communication with him and his family also doesn't know where he is. I don't have a clue on where to start with this process or how much it will cost. Any advise?? Thank you
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:21 AM

How long has he been gone?  File for abandonment then divorce and child support.  Look into a lawyer that specializes in family law for texas.

Supervane
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:20 AM
You can get an abandonment divorce, a.certain amount of time does have to pass but I'm unsure how long in TX.

Sunshine257
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:24 AM
In Texas abandonment is 6 months.
Reina13
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:51 AM

This plus you might also want to contact the Texas Attorney Generals office for child support just to see what action if any you can take before the divorce.

Good luck

Enjoy a Coffee Break Chat with us Every Tuesday!

Quoting frndlyfn:

How long has he been gone?  File for abandonment then divorce and child support.  Look into a lawyer that specializes in family law for texas.

mgalindo3
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:58 PM
Thank you all for your replies but I don't think I can file as abandonment since I was the one that left him in California and moved. I've tried to go through the Texas attorney general but they couldn't help since he is gone MIA in another state & possibly country(Mexico). Any other advise?
DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:21 PM
Can do a divorce online the state will set up a child support agreement. Not sure the websit for divorce but i know online is fairly in expensive from what ive heard.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)