Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The loss of my son

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:56 AM
  • 40 Replies

Mobile Photo

It's been nearly 10 months since I lost my son to Cystic Fibrosis!!! :/,,(( I WANT HIM BACK, but I know he's not suffering but honestly that only comforts me for a few minutes before I find myself wanting him back again !!! I love love love him and even more than that I really really liked being around him !!!! I'm hurting sooooo much I've lost friends people really never reach for me they just ignore my pain I'm weak and I'm tired I wish I would die so I could see my son
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:58 AM

I'm so sorry.  I wish I could say it'll get easier.  You just become stronger over time and carry his memory forward as best you can.

Have you looked into an grief support groups or a therapist to help you through this time?

Taja310
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 7:10 AM

I'm so sorry- I can tell you that maybe your friends don't know how to comfort you.  I went thru this many yrs ago but it wasn't a child I lost.  I hope you can get focused and strong esp if you have other children.  Maybe get involed with Cyctic Fibrosis groups that help raise awareness, set something up in your son's honor. 

MaineMammax2
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 7:34 AM
I can not imagine your grief. My heart breaks for you. I'm very sorry for your loss! I would offer you my shoulder to cry on and would weep with you. Friends that I know that have lost their children say it does not get easier but you can heal and move forward. Look into a grief support group, please don't give up on life. Hold your sons memory in your heart and do works of good in his name to raise awareness and support for research for CF. Big hugs to you.
mommy_2_be_2010
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 7:36 AM
Sorry for your loss mama
meagan517
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 7:39 AM
Are you in a support group? People just don't know what to say, I had a friend lose her son and I didn't know how she was feeling each day and didn't want to keep mentioning it if she was trying to be strong that day. I know that doesn't help. I am so so sorry this happened and no parent should ever have to bury a child.
Kathy489
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 7:44 AM

I am so sorry for you. People cannot understand what they have not been through. Find a group of mothers who have lost children. That will give you a place of acceptance and understanding. Also, lean on God and ask him to help you. He will.

kellysp6637
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 7:44 AM

I'm so incredibly sorry for your loss.  He was so handsome!  Sending you hugs as I can only imagine how difficult this is for you.

Brandonshope
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you all so very much!! I have done concealing, I have continued helping other children and families through starting Brandon's Hope providing children like my son to receive special gifts! We raise money through donations and proceeds from menu items at my restaurant . I do still care for my other two children and 2 grandchildren. My daughter lost her husband 10 months before my son passed away in a bad accident ! So I am still mourning the loss of him while helping my daughter and her kids cope. I also lost my baby sister to heart issues. 10 months before my son in law passed away, I found her but it was to late! I am trying so hard and desperate to find non judge mental friends who will love me through my pain . Thank you so much for listening
TallChic
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:07 AM

So sorry

brettsmomma
by Tammie on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:09 AM

RIP/  :"(   I lost my infant son and Understand all about feeling lonely in your grief. There are a couple really good loss groups in here. Find one that fits for you . Find a person to talk to this about. someone who understands. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)