Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

New, and in a rough situation! help!!

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:46 PM
  • 27 Replies
2 moms liked this
Hi all. My name is Samantha! I posted this in another group, but need more advice. I have two amazing children, whom i adore! I have a situation, and don't know what to do. I NEED some help!! I had my tubes tied almost 3 years ago, when I had my daughter. Me and my husband were done having children, and choose a permanent solution. Well, he and I are now divorced. I have been seeing someone else for about 2 months. No protection has been used. I have been feeling really sick for a couple weeks now, so I finally drug my butt to the doctor. My tubel ligation reversed itself, and I am now pregnant with a viable pregnancy. No eptopic pregnancy. I have no idea what to do!! My new guy knows i had my tubes tied. He has not met my children, and are not serious. I don't know how to tell him! Please help!
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Country_Momma2
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:51 PM
My question is, how on earth do I even bring this up to him? I don't know what to even say!! I am still trying to wrap my head around this myself.
Franbuessa
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:51 PM
He should know
kristinas8
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Your just going to have to tell him straight up. Let him know exactly what you told us. You've been sick for a few weeks, maybe he already knows this, and you were late so you decided to take a test. You don't have to know what you want to do yet, you have time. But, he participated and he needs to know.

funhappymom
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 7:55 AM
1 mom liked this

You just need to tell him- it wasn't planned by either of you, it's neither of yours fault. Who would have thought that after having your TL that you'd end up pregnant. He can either chose to man up and take responsibility or he can leave you because of it. Hopefully it's the first one. Good luck.

Country_Momma2
by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 8:41 AM
Thanks ladies! Now, i just need to figure out a plan of action. I did not want anymore children. He doesn't want children at all. But I did have my tubes tied, and i can't help but think....God made this happen, and has a plan for this child. I cant make any decisions without his input, so when i see him this weekend, ill just tell him and hope he doesn't freak. He probably will, like i did. But he has been nothing but sweet and respectful to me. And truly seems to care. We have a very intense connection, so maybe this won't be as bad as i thought?! Only one way to find out i guess!
AuntFib
by Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 8:49 AM
2 moms liked this

If you truly feel that you are finished having children, and he doesn't want children, look into adoption.  There are SO MANY couples out there that can't have children of their own...  

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Dec. 31, 2013 at 10:27 AM

You need to be blunt with him.  The two of you will figure out what to do.

MtnJoy
by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 1:42 PM

Finding the words to say at times can be hard, can't they?  Everyone seems to agree here ... be honest and let him know what is going on.  Give him a chance to digest it and respond.  I'm sure it will be hard, but he deserves to know.  You said it well ~ God has a plan for this little one.  AuntFib mentioned the adoption route ... maybe that is something to consider??.  It is good to weigh all your options.  I know of some good organizations that can help you in this area if you decide to go that route.  Blessings to you!!

shadowmoon
by Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 2:20 PM

I would just be honest and tell him the truth.  Do not beat around the bush and then you both need to figure out what to do.  If neither of you want this child then put it up for adoption.  Just be aware if you do an open adoption they are not legally enforceable. good luck

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 2:31 PM

"I have something serious to tell you.  My tubal ligation reversed itself, and we are having a baby." 

((hugs))  I hope it all works out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)