Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Concieving after Paraguard removal? PIOG

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 7:37 PM
  • 7 Replies

I just had my IUD removed on the 26th of this month, I had finished my period on the 25th... I was wondering when there is a possibility that I could become pregnant. I use fertility friend, and it says that I'm suppose to ovulate 1-15-14, so my fertile days would be 1-12,1-13, and 1-14.....

I was also looking to hear from anyone who had been on the paraguard and has gotten pregnant...how long did it take?

thanks in advance :)

EDIT: I was reading somewhere online that there was someone who had gotten pregnant almost immediately ( within a day or two) of having the IUD removed. With the way my cycle is, is there a possibility I could have gotten pregnant/could be pregnant? Is it most likely that I'm going to have to wait until the 12,13, and 15th of Jan to become pregnant.

just wanted to clarify my question :)

by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 7:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Chaos1229
by Gold Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 7:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Im guessing its possible depending on how quickly your horomones level out.
hope2bsoon
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 9:46 PM

BUMP!

hope2bsoon
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 7:34 PM

BUMP!

tairakittie
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 7:36 PM
I took mine out last November, then we used fertility charting and condoms to prevent pregnancy until this past October when we had an oops moment and I am 13 weeks along. So it is possible, I just dont know how soon after. Hope that helps!
Serabeth06
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 7:53 PM

My Paragard IUD came on December 12th while I was on my period, my period stopped December 13th, I ovulated December 18th, and got a positive pregnancy result this morning. (: So, depending on your uterus/hormones/cycles, it's definitely possible to get pregnant right away.

hope2bsoon
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 8:36 PM

Quoting Serabeth06:

My Paragard IUD came on December 12th while I was on my period, my period stopped December 13th, I ovulated December 18th, and got a positive pregnancy result this morning. (: So, depending on your uterus/hormones/cycles, it's definitely possible to get pregnant right away.

YAY!!! congrats to you!! thank you so much for the exciting encouraging news!! :)

Serabeth06
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 8:43 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting hope2bsoon:

Quoting Serabeth06:

YAY!!! congrats to you!! thank you so much for the exciting encouraging news!! :)

Thanks. (: We're definitely happy, though SO hasn't really had it "sink in" yet. He's making me take another test tomorrow to be "sure." lol No problem, happy to share. You definitely can get pregnant right away after having it removed, it's not hormonal, it more "blocks" the sperm from meeting egg, and the copper irritates the lining of the uterus, but doesn't actually affect hormones or cycles. Since you say you're supposed to ovulate 1-15, I'd say you've got a shot at it. (:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)