Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Thanks for the kind words

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 11:14 PM
  • 7 Replies
Thanks all for the kind words sometimes I think of just giving up on my life but if it weren't for my son I probably would. Just tired of being alone. I have tried to date but it's very hard for me.
Thanks all
by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 11:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
balow929
by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 11:21 PM

Life is all about the us and downs but if you leave this life you will never experience the ups which can be euphoric.. If you need a friend you can message me I have been in your place.

jessimicuh
by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 11:22 PM
Keep your head up.
Pm me if you ever need a friend.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 2:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Since it's a brand new year, and a brand new start, why not start focusing on doing things that make you happy?  It doesn't have to be dating or finding a new man, but taking care of yourself, playing with your child, going to new places and spending time with loved ones can really help you to change your perspective.  :)

Kathy489
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 2:52 PM

Do you have a Parents Without Partners group in your area? They are a good source for new friends in your situation. You can also meet people in activity groups for your son such as sports or activities at the gym or community center. If money is a factor, inquire at the library or look on line for various options that are free. Volunteer at his school. Getting out of the house is the main thing.

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Jan. 1, 2014 at 2:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I think these are great thoughts for all of us.

Quoting amonkeymom:

Since it's a brand new year, and a brand new start, why not start focusing on doing things that make you happy?  It doesn't have to be dating or finding a new man, but taking care of yourself, playing with your child, going to new places and spending time with loved ones can really help you to change your perspective.  :)

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Jan. 1, 2014 at 2:59 PM

My mom had a "God vase/jar".  She would write her worries on a piece of paper and put in the jar.  COuld also be used as a prayer jar.  Then she let God take care of them while she focused on the family, her health, her friends, and anything else.  

DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 3:20 PM
1 mom liked this
When time is right things will fall into place. Good luck hope you have a great year..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN