Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I'm at my whits end!!! My daughter just won't listen

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 7:21 PM
  • 22 Replies

Mobile Photo

Yes that sweet little girl isn't all that sweet. Anytime I talk to her she rolls her eyes at me. No matter what I ask her to do she does the opposite. And to top it all off she lies about anything and everything. I have tried everything. Timeouts, corner, spanking, taking things away from her! NOTHING works. I am at a loss as of what to do. She is only 6 and she has 2 little brother and I'm worried that they are going to start acting like her if I don't do something please help!!!!!
by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 7:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gabbyttcgirl
by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 9:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Do you praise her for doing right
Razzbaby1988
by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 9:27 PM
:/...
Is dad involved? How does he discipline?? I had the same problem, then my DH straightened my girls out
Razzbaby1988
by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 9:27 PM
Hate to tell u mama but it only gets worse nip it in the butt!
AshPick18271
by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 10:26 PM
I have praised her every time she does something good or right. Have even tried.. When she does the right thing she gets to go pick out a small toy or lipgloss and that doesn't work either. Her biological dad is not a part of her life at all but I am married now and my husband is the only dad she has ever known. He doesn't discipline her much. He only airs with her and explains to her that she has to listen to her mom. I know it's only goin to get worse and I dot want it too that's why I'm asking for help
DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 10:31 PM
Has anything major happened in her life? Kids will act out over little things to us but huge to them. New.svhool, moving friends.. My friends dd same age acts that way too so it could be the age. My ds who is also that age isnt as bad as her dd but can be that way. Good luck
Amybelle
by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 10:32 PM
2 moms liked this

nip it in the BUD

Quoting Razzbaby1988: Hate to tell u mama but it only gets worse nip it in the butt!

AshPick18271
by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 10:41 PM
2 years ago we moved an hour away from my parents ( we used to live 5 blocks away). We used to see them everyday. She is very close to them. She started a new school last year and then April we moved again and she started a new school this school year. She seemed to be ok with it. And now that I think about it this all did start almost right after we moved the first time. My husband got a promotion and we had to move and the first move was to a rent house cause we had to be close to his job and the we found a house to buy so we moved again.
Anoronlight
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 10:56 PM

Have you tried to talk to her? Find out what's going through her mind? Usually when you do all those things and nothing works, then you have to dig deeper and sometimes kids do this because they have something in their lives that is upsetting them. Not saying its the answer, but sit down and talk to her. Try and find out why she does what she does, see if there are things you can do to work with her. Believe it or not...sometimes how we as parents say things comes out not like we intend and without knowing it, we could be causing some of the issues. There are always other ways to talk to our kids and work with them. I'm learning that with my kids. Not all kids respond the same way to the same situations and therefore you can't treat all kids the same either.

You can hold them to the same expectations, just your presentation may need to change. But my first advice is talk to her first. Doesn't sound like you tried that yet...she's the only one who can tell you why she does the things she does. Just be sure to listen to her and don't brush it off.

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 12:08 AM

one yeah moving can really upset them at that age...my son is the same age and we moved in april too... he is having a rough time to. not openly defiant in his case but bursting into tears over every thing... I would definately talk to her about it.

MommynMonster
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 12:08 AM

Find some quiet time and read through Gentle Discipline

and this one

Why Loving Guidance Raises a Better Behaved Child

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN