Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Pregnant and dumped

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 10:11 PM
  • 52 Replies
1 mom liked this

Hi all..I'm new here.  I'm 2 and a half months pregnant and my boyfriend dumped me.  I'm pretty scared and sad.  I really just need some support.  Anyone out there?

by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 10:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DallasCowboys81
by Gold Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 10:26 PM
Welcome to the group. Sorry your boyfriend dumped you. No fun when that happens. Do you have any other kids? Where ya from?
reche1978
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 10:36 PM

Hi there im so sorry to hear that....Were do you live? is this your first?

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 11:55 PM

hello welcome... I'm sorry he dumped you...wish there was more I could do to help you.

Linda733
by Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 12:07 AM

Oh my goodness. I'm so sorry honey. What kind of man does that? It's so sad but your situation is so common. Why did he dump you? Was it because of the pregnancy? I know you are scared and I'm sure broken hearted. Do you have family that can help you? I feel so bad for women in your position. What a bastard. This world is filled with children with no fathers and its horrible. It makes me so grateful for my husband and family. How old are you if you don't mind me asking? 

funhappymom
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 7:28 AM

I'm sorry that things didn't turn out well. I would make sure that once the baby arrives that you file for child support-he still needs to support his child even if he doesn't want to support you.

Good luck!

**Chat with us ANONYMOUSLY!**

KatnMowse
by New Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 9:41 AM

Thanks all.  We're not young..I'm 31 and he's 40.  It was failed birth control..not a planned pregnancy.  He did dump me because of the baby.  Then he brought me home with him for Christmas to see his family and I thought everything would be ok, but the day after we got back he told me nothing had changed and he only brought me to his family so I would have one last nice Christmas before my life gets hard and miserable.  He had been faking it while we were there.  That hurt more than anything.

I live in Los Angeles and this is my first child.  My family is all in New York and my best friend just moved across the world.  I have some friends but most of them are pretty flaky so I rarely see them.

My mom was a single mom (she passed away when I was 24).  I never wanted this.  I'm really scared and sad.

IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Jan. 2, 2014 at 9:44 AM

Welcome. I'm sorry he left. I hope things get better from here.

erikadi
by Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this

I am sorry this happened to you. Hopefully you have friends and family around. There might some places in  your area for pregnant single moms. I would also try to get child support from your ex. You can talk to me anytime. 

KatnMowse
by New Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 9:52 AM

Quoting erikadi:

I am sorry this happened to you. Hopefully you have friends and family around. There might some places in  your area for pregnant single moms. I would also try to get child support from your ex. You can talk to me anytime. 

Thank you, that's very kind.  I've been trying to find a pregnant single mom's support group near me.  I live in Los Angeles, you'd think it wouldn't be so hard but it is.  I also found a new therapist, but she's very expensive and I have to be careful with money now.

Everyone keeps telling me he will come around but he was pretty nasty to me.  He has some emotional issues himself but what he did was just cruel and there's no excuse for it.  Our relationship has been rocky and I knew he didn't want kids..but I wasn't sure I wanted them either.  I'm still not, to be honest..I'm really terrified and very alone.

Where are you from?

erikadi
by Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 9:57 AM

Maybe the doctor's office, your OB, or your therapist can point you in the right direction for single mom's support group. It sounds like you don't need him around as a father anyway. I would try to get child support from him though. I went back and forth about having kids and I still back and forth about having a second one. You may not bond with your baby right away, but when you do it is wonderful. It is normal to be scared and as a mom you will go through scary moments as they grow up and even when they become adults. It is just apart of parenting. I am from Tucson, AZ. 

Quoting KatnMowse:

Quoting erikadi:

Thank you, that's very kind.  I've been trying to find a pregnant single mom's support group near me.  I live in Los Angeles, you'd think it wouldn't be so hard but it is.  I also found a new therapist, but she's very expensive and I have to be careful with money now.

Everyone keeps telling me he will come around but he was pretty nasty to me.  He has some emotional issues himself but what he did was just cruel and there's no excuse for it.  Our relationship has been rocky and I knew he didn't want kids..but I wasn't sure I wanted them either.  I'm still not, to be honest..I'm really terrified and very alone.

Where are you from?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)