Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

New Mom Here I Have No Idea What I'm Doing

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 10:50 PM
  • 17 Replies
I just had my first baby two weeks ago and I've barely gotten the basics down ( bottle feeding, diapers.) it seems like the last two weeks all I've had time for is the above mentioned activities plus a tiny bit I sleep and house upkeep in between. I'm a stay at home mom. I'm also feeling guilty that I'm not giving her enough stimulation. I hold her only when she's cranky or feeding and maybe I don't talk to her enough. I want to so more skin to skin contact but it's so blasted cold now and she hates being changed in and out of her clothes. Should I be playing with her for the hour or half hour she is awake and content and not fussing? Or is it too early to matter? I wish someone would just give me a list of things to do everyday. Im not even sure how to play with a baby this small.
by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 10:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 10:52 PM

Just hold her.  At this age that is all that matters.  You can gently talk to her about what has been going on during the day.  You can sing beloved lullabies to her. Newborn stage you just keep them warm, fed and dry.  I would even let housework slide so that i could sleep when she sleeps.

lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 10:53 PM

You're doing fine hold her, sing and talk to her. keep her fed, dry and warm. She really is too little to require much more than that. Sleep when she does mama.

kitty8199
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 10:54 PM
Wear her. Just being close will be good. Even without skin to skin.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bitemebetty
by Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 10:58 PM
I must say I pretty much held my son 24/7 the first few weeks.We mostly just cuddled.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:18 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 12:23 AM

Welcome to CafeMom,
Congrats on your new little one.
Just hold & cuddle her.
Sleep when she does :)

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 2:05 AM

talk to her... hold her where she can see her... don't baby talk but use a gentle tone. hold her facing out some times so she can see the room...sing to her... newborns don't need much stimulation just lots of love, plenty of food and clean diapers. hang in there you will find your rhythem

Mrs.MikeC
by Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 3:08 PM
You're fine:) I was the exact same way with dd#1. I was so worried about what I should or shouldn't be doing. It will all fall into place eventually, it takes time to get a routine down.

Pampers sent me amazing emails for dd#1. It showed her development, what to do not to do, what to expect and not expect. They are still sending them and she just turned 4 years old. I highly suggest it, my mom was even impressed with the information they email. She told me she wishes she had that information with my sisters and I.

Just go to pampers.com It's a newsletter:) Good luck momma!
MommaKat87
by New Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 6:09 PM
Thank you I will definitely sign up for those newsletters.

Quoting Mrs.MikeC: You're fine:) I was the exact same way with dd#1. I was so worried about what I should or shouldn't be doing. It will all fall into place eventually, it takes time to get a routine down.

Pampers sent me amazing emails for dd#1. It showed her development, what to do not to do, what to expect and not expect. They are still sending them and she just turned 4 years old. I highly suggest it, my mom was even impressed with the information they email. She told me she wishes she had that information with my sisters and I.

Just go to pampers.com It's a newsletter:) Good luck momma!
withsecond
by Silver Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 6:40 PM
It's normal to feel like all you do is feed and change them because at this age, that is all you do!
The housework can wait.
I would just sit and hold her. I held my babies constantly.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)