Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I'm sad

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 4:34 PM
  • 10 Replies
Dh and I have talked about going on a date tonight while the kids were at my mom's house for the weekend. We have been in a rut, the connection has been thinning and I wanted something special, I wanted to reconnect. I have been looking forward to this all week. I got all dressed up and was all ready for tonight when my husband just told me that when he gets home he won't feel like going any where tonight. I wanted to cry.
by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 4:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Paigesmommy78
by Gold Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 4:37 PM
:( sorry
cjsix
by faith on Jan. 4, 2014 at 4:39 PM

Tell him you've been looking forward all week to going out somewhere nice for dinner and just having some alone time without the kids and you're all ready. He can come home take a shower and get dressed...lay out something so he doesn't have to think about it. I hope he changes his mind.

goodnightmama
by Gold Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 4:41 PM
That wouldn't work. He would get all grumpy and possibly even start a fight and then if he does give me what he wants he would be on a bad mood through the whole thing and that would ruin the whole evening.

Quoting cjsix:

Tell him you've been looking forward all week to going out somewhere nice for dinner and just having some alone time without the kids and you're all ready. He can come home take a shower and get dressed...lay out something so he doesn't have to think about it. I hope he changes his mind.

Kimipeli
by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 5:04 PM
I'm really sorry! My friend has this issue w her husband all too much! Though it still hurts and is disappointing make the evening about you. Take a long hot bubble bath, eat your favorite food, watch your favorite movie or read a good book and try, try to enjoy the evening as tho u only have yourself to worry about! Hang in there!
withsecond
by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 6:12 PM
Aw, that sucks. He can't suck it up and go?
godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Jan. 4, 2014 at 6:13 PM

Quoting withsecond: Aw, that sucks. He can't suck it up and go?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 8:40 PM
Im sorry. I know exactly how you feel. My hubby does this to me all the time. I get all excited then at the last second he dont feel like it. Its so annoying and disappointing. Sorry your dealing with it.
DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 8:40 PM
Im sorry. I know exactly how you feel. My hubby does this to me all the time. I get all excited then at the last second he dont feel like it. Its so annoying and disappointing. Sorry your dealing with it.
xtwistedxlovex
by Gold Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 11:10 PM
Maybe he just doesn't want to be around other people. Do you have time to set up a special dinner, movie, a way to spend that time together at home?
border7305
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 12:55 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm Sorry :( But I would of called up some BFFs and still went out some where too have some fun and chill time for your self :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN