Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Yay or Nay too Menstrual Cups and Cloth Pads

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Would you use either?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 103

View Results

So my sister was telling me how her girlfriend uses Cloth Pads. So I looked them up and they snap to your undies like a regular pad. While on the website, I noticed that they also sell menstrual cups (I hope you can assume their purpose).

So would you ever use these products? 

For me this isn't an issue because I prefer tampons.

Here is the site to reference: 

http://www.sckoon.com/clothmenstrualpads.html

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 10:30 PM
Replies (11-20):
jconney80
by Gold Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 10:51 PM
Yup! I've used both. I have tried the throw away cups but want a Diva cup. I know a lot of people who use them. It's supposedly so much more comfortable and you will never want to go back. Plus tampons and disposable pads have chemicals in them. The same ones diapers have.
browncoat
by Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 10:55 PM

I prefer menstrual cups and disposable pads on heavy days. I don't like the idea of having to wash the pads. I do laundry only when necessary, so I don't think I'm a good candidate for washable pads.

Ladysigma07
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 10:59 PM

So, if I am reading correctly the cup collects the menstrual for you to dump when it is full?

Quoting browncoat:

I prefer menstrual cups and disposable pads on heavy days. I don't like the idea of having to wash the pads. I do laundry only when necessary, so I don't think I'm a good candidate for washable pads.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
browncoat
by Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 11:05 PM

Yep. You don't have to empty them as often as you'd change a tampon.

Quoting Ladysigma07:

So, if I am reading correctly the cup collects the menstrual for you to dump when it is full?

Quoting browncoat:

xtwistedxlovex
by Gold Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 11:07 PM
Eh? I have Paragard and a femmecup. No issues. Their FAQ even addresses it: http://www.femmecup.com/faq.html#17

Quoting Its.me.Sam.:

i havent been able to get one because i have an iud (getting my cup as soon as hubs gets the big V lol).  a long time ago i tried out disposable cups and i loved them.  everyone i know who has used the cup loves it.  for some it takes a cycle or two to get the hang of it - but they all love it.

Quoting Ladysigma07:

Not to get to personal but does it work well for you!

Quoting Its.me.Sam.:

cup YES YES YES
cloth pads..no 

A_McCool
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 11:10 PM

Yes.  I've used The Keeper cup for about 3 years now.

Its.me.Sam.
by Gold Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 11:20 PM

i spoke with my gyn about it (i have paragard also) and she said that its not recommended because the suction could pull on the strings and possibly cause it to expel - like as you pull it out the suction as well as the pull coupld pull on the strings.  i am not willing to take the chance - even if small.  it is good to hear that someone has experience and not had a problem.

Quoting xtwistedxlovex: Eh? I have Paragard and a femmecup. No issues. Their FAQ even addresses it: http://www.femmecup.com/faq.html#17

Quoting Its.me.Sam.:

i havent been able to get one because i have an iud (getting my cup as soon as hubs gets the big V lol).  a long time ago i tried out disposable cups and i loved them.  everyone i know who has used the cup loves it.  for some it takes a cycle or two to get the hang of it - but they all love it.

Quoting Ladysigma07:

Not to get to personal but does it work well for you!

Quoting Its.me.Sam.:

cup YES YES YES
cloth pads..no 

RheaF
by Sweet Insanity on Jan. 5, 2014 at 12:00 AM
A BIG no to both. I use the "instead soft cups" or tampons. I hate pads of any kind, and I have heard some real horror stories from people IRL about the Diva cup.
auntangelofsix
by Silver Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 10:45 AM
Same here

Quoting lunyuny: Not for me. Tampons and pads here
mum2wyatt
by Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 11:23 AM
Not for me. I'll stick with disposable pads & tampons.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)