Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Yay or Nay too Menstrual Cups and Cloth Pads

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Would you use either?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 103

View Results

So my sister was telling me how her girlfriend uses Cloth Pads. So I looked them up and they snap to your undies like a regular pad. While on the website, I noticed that they also sell menstrual cups (I hope you can assume their purpose).

So would you ever use these products? 

For me this isn't an issue because I prefer tampons.

Here is the site to reference: 

http://www.sckoon.com/clothmenstrualpads.html

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 10:30 PM
Replies (31-40):
cupcake_mom
by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 6:33 PM
I have tried cloth pads before and liked them. They got lost in one of our moves :( I'm thinking of getting some more since my flow is heavier after my iud.
cupcake_mom
by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 6:35 PM
You cant use a diva cup with an iud?

Quoting Its.me.Sam.:

i havent been able to get one because i have an iud (getting my cup as soon as hubs gets the big V lol).  a long time ago i tried out disposable cups and i loved them.  everyone i know who has used the cup loves it.  for some it takes a cycle or two to get the hang of it - but they all love it.

Quoting Ladysigma07:

Not to get to personal but does it work well for you!

Quoting Its.me.Sam.:

cup YES YES YES
cloth pads..no 

CMama08
by New Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 6:38 PM

I ended up having to Google the cup because I've never heard of it LOL. It sounds odd but at the same time I read nothing but good things about it. I don't know if I would be brave enough to try them or cloth pads though. Are the pads pretty sanitary?

IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Jan. 5, 2014 at 6:38 PM

I would use cloth pads, but I'm uncomfortable with the cups.

celestegood
by Platinum Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 6:48 PM
I use and love momma cloth.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Its.me.Sam.
by Gold Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 6:49 PM

it isnt recommended.  it seems some people use them together with no issue.  i wont tho lol.. i do NOT want an oopsie

Quoting cupcake_mom: You cant use a diva cup with an iud?

Quoting Its.me.Sam.:

i havent been able to get one because i have an iud (getting my cup as soon as hubs gets the big V lol).  a long time ago i tried out disposable cups and i loved them.  everyone i know who has used the cup loves it.  for some it takes a cycle or two to get the hang of it - but they all love it.

Quoting Ladysigma07:

Not to get to personal but does it work well for you!

Quoting Its.me.Sam.:

cup YES YES YES
cloth pads..no 

LaughCryLive
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 6:51 PM

if you prefer tampons why not use a cup?

i am going to invest in cloth pads soon. i'd like to try a cup but i'm scared it will be too long. regular tampons are too long and ihave to cut them in 1/2.

LaughCryLive
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 6:53 PM

more sanitary than throwing out milions of non biodegrable bloody trash.

Quoting CMama08:

I ended up having to Google the cup because I've never heard of it LOL. It sounds odd but at the same time I read nothing but good things about it. I don't know if I would be brave enough to try them or cloth pads though. Are the pads pretty sanitary?

Alayna - Wife to Sanjay and mommy to Anjali

CMama08
by New Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 7:01 PM

Quoting LaughCryLive:

Quoting CMama08:

So do you wash them by hand? I am very curious to learn more hence all the questions =)

LaughCryLive
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 7:02 PM

From what I have read (haven't bought any yet) you soak them in cold water until you wash them in regular wash.

Quoting CMama08:

Quoting LaughCryLive:

Quoting CMama08:

So do you wash them by hand? I am very curious to learn more hence all the questions =)

Alayna - Wife to Sanjay and mommy to Anjali

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN